Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

allfractup

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2013 :  22:53:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Batch processing of many different source files and folders that can be output to their own unique folders. By choosing a parent folder I could automatically convert and save an unlimited number of source images into .pat format. Settings within the software would remember my preferences and apply them to every image yielding the best results possible for each, regardless of their pixel resolution. The software should also automatically eliminate any unused colors, center each image, and crop to the dimensions of the image being imported with the batch process option. Heck that would be great to have in regular mode too.

The name of each source file would be the same name assigned to each .pat file generated. Another useful feature would be batch printing and batch conversion of .pat files to .PDF following the same structure or method from above.

Bruce Berryhill
Fractal Artist & Animator

Creator of 91,000 fractals
16,800 HD VJ Loops
300,000 fractal sounds
(all of my fractals are for sale as PC Cross Stitch Patterns)

Edited by - allfractup on 09/18/2015 19:04:06
Go to Top of Page

Servo

4 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  12:01:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Better hotkey controls would be nice. I'm trying to eliminate single stitches from a pattern I'm working on and having to keep opening a menu to turn highlighting on and off is a pain, when a hotkey would make it much quicker.
Go to Top of Page

Marge

3 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2014 :  13:00:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When outlining in my photo editing software, I can run a continuous line in curves, circles, etc. That type of ability to add backstitching would be very helpful. Now, I have to use broken lines to approximate curves.

MAH
Go to Top of Page

catfishVVA

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2014 :  17:50:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark,
Thank you for the opportunity to allow us lowly end users to add input and make suggestions. I am primarily a knitter but also do counted cross stitch. Here are a few knitting related suggestions:

--ability to adjust cloth count in small increments & fractions to accommodate knitting patterns (ie. 4.5 stitches x 7 rows)

--add knitting & crochet stitch symbols
http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/chart_knit.html
http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/chart_crochet.html

--ability to rearrange grid lines (knitting patterns work from bottom right across to left and up)

--ability to drag bold grid lines & count increments out from where you set it. This would also allow for crossing bold grid lines at center & then work out from there or from the bottom up, etc.

-- add yarn weights to floss selections.

Thank you,
Deb
Go to Top of Page

madriverk

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2014 :  20:00:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is possible to have the ability to curve the text box or put it on a slant??
thanks
Betty
Go to Top of Page

Gradius

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2014 :  23:09:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I'm pretty new to PCstitch, I have one project I'm trying to edit/build on and started using this program to plan what I'm going to do. So that being said if some of the suggestions I voice are unnecessary and/or are already available please forgive my noobish ignorance and enlighten me. Thanks:

So basically I've started using it trying to take a very poor pdf image and translate it into a pattern. It won't work stitch for stitch but that's fine since I'm not editing the existing pattern, I just want it as a template to build on.

1: A lasso/selection tool that can invert the selection and select multiple areas via the 'shift' key.

2: Layers. Being able to have an old picture behind a new picture. Completely separate but able to work on both in the same project so you can...

3: Opacity. ...making a layer see through will let you make changes to a new project while the old one is behind it for reference without having to click back and forth.

TLDR:
Add the Photoshop tool set to PCStitch. Makes drawing and editing way easier.

OR; design a new product/add-on that will work with current versions of photoshop that bring in the crossstitch color palate, grids, measurements etc. Might not be a huge audience for it but I would die for something like that right now.
Go to Top of Page

Patsylvan

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2015 :  00:38:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a bug in an earlier form of PC Stitch that I miss and would like to see as a function again. It allowed me to use paint and erase together to erase one color in large swatches in small localized areas. Sometimes its just a corner of one color that I would like to erase instead of one color from entire pattern.

Please add this to the update.

Patsylvan

There are no stupid questions - just unknown answers 8)
Go to Top of Page

Rin

3 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2015 :  22:20:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I pulled in a PNG file that used transparency around the edges for a feathered effect and the application filled those spots with white. An option to load transparent pixels as blank (no stitches) would be nice.

An earlier post suggested a plug in or other connection to Photoshop; that would be incredible. Probably a bit out of the range of reality, but it would be fun.

More fabric counts, please! I think 24 was the highest I could select, but I've got a few projects on 28.

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Bettsp

Dominican Republic
6 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2015 :  18:36:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to be able to click on the corner of an edit box and rotate it less than 90 degrees.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2015 :  20:04:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bettsp

I'd like to be able to click on the corner of an edit box and rotate it less than 90 degrees.

Personally, I don't this will ever happen. Since PCStitch is designed to work with square blocks, any non-90 degree rotation will never match up with the exact same number of stitches and the mathematics to adjust the stitches there are will be extremely tricky if it's possible at all.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

HCS

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2015 :  11:24:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

I would love to see the text font size increase from the current maximum of 100pts.

I am making some monogram pillow designs (14 x 14) and 100 pt. is too small for the area.

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

sugar1949

14 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2015 :  15:50:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to have a palette for yarns added to pcstitch.
Go to Top of Page

Lorrieann

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2015 :  21:39:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to see simple drawing tools for shapes like circles, squares etc.

Peace,
Lorrieann
Go to Top of Page

caroline

9 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2015 :  18:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
allow save as file to be pdf.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2015 :  20:41:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can get the same effect by having a virtual printer. Foxit Reader (Adobe clone) has such a printer so you just "Print" to Foxit and you've got your PDF!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000