Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

MargaretF

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  08:45:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to have a better facility for stitching on evenweave. I've charted a photo, (and stitched it, it looks great), but I needed lots of vertically & horizontally offset full-, half- & quarter-stitches to get the accuracy I wanted.

I used the stitch library to do this (lovely feature) and they printed fine in the block chart, but it was very hard to get their symbols printed out, so in areas of fine shadings I had to use 3 different charts, and even occasionally refer back to the PC to be sure of what colour to use.
Go to Top of Page

her87monte

6 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  08:04:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi.... I just registered my copy of PC Stitch 10 and when I looked thru the program, I didn't seem to find the search function that was in PC Stitch Pro..... the little binoculors to find a floss number without scrolling down thru all the numbers.....

did is miss it and if not, will there be that function in future updates??

thanx and thanx for a great program, Claire
Go to Top of Page

heavenlyevil

Canada
23 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  22:14:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could really use a complete stitch count for my patterns. Currently I have to go into the floss usage summary and add up the count for each colour to get the overall stitch count.

Since the program is calculating it for each colour already, is there a way it can put a total at the bottom?

We're all mad here....You may have noticed I'm not all there myself. - Cheshire Cat
Go to Top of Page

kdoemland

4 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2012 :  19:05:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love it if there were diagrams in the instructions for how to stitch the specialty stitches.
Go to Top of Page

Sukie93

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2012 :  09:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to see the option of allowing different thread counts for blended stitches (1 strand of one color and 2 strands of a second color). Also different thread counts for different stitch symbols. I would like the ability to put two different color stitches side-by-side on a straight stitch and have them anchor at the same point. I would also like to be able to rotate lazy daisy stitches at angles to the pattern instead of just vertical/horizontal.

Edited by - Sukie93 on 08/14/2012 12:14:37
Go to Top of Page

Servo

4 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2012 :  09:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to see something that makes moving areas of backstitching possible without moving the stitches. Something like a separate selection tool only for backstitch or maybe a separate layer that is only for backstitch.

The import process seems to have a problem processing strong purple colours, making them more blue.

I also second the call for a stitch count that is visible without having to keep going into Floss Usage. At the moment I'm exporting the list and opening in up in a spreadsheet program to identify the colours with low stitch counts. It would be easier if this was part of the program.

(STEALTH EDIT) Also a redo button would be nice.

Edited by - Servo on 08/19/2012 09:47:59
Go to Top of Page

disorderlystitches

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2012 :  12:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I would like to see something that makes moving areas of backstitching possible without moving the stitches. Something like a separate selection tool only for backstitch or maybe a separate layer that is only for backstitch."

^^That would be amazing!

I'm still kind of new to PC stitch so some of these may already be available:

One thing I would like is to be able to draw stitches in a line like the back stitching tool. This would make things so much easier especially with making borders.

Also it would be nice to print the info sheet and chart all on one page. Some of my patterns are small and I don't need a separate page for the info sheet.

If these are already available then please let me know!

www.disorderlystitches.com

Edited by - disorderlystitches on 09/03/2012 12:49:22
Go to Top of Page

HippyCraig

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  21:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about an iPad app, just for viewing your files, not editing. you could have it be able to zoom in and out, mark were you left off, maybe even gray out an area you already worked on. Or highlight a specific color and gray out the rest while you stitch.
Go to Top of Page

KevinWP

8 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2012 :  11:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark:
Hope you all had a great Christmas.
Something that I would like to see is when Scanning in an image to be converted to Cross Stitch Pattern (Importing). Could we have a option that would allow to bring in a Outlined picture (eg, an Image from a coulouring book) and have it imoported to be done as Back stitch only. Thus allowing us to then fill in our own colours after the fact.
Go to Top of Page

wyrdbyrd

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2012 :  13:03:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OH YES!

"Your imagination can take you anywhere!"
Go to Top of Page

profkathy

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  18:16:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I switched to PC Stitch (from Excel) a few months ago, and I love it!

I would like to be able to draw in all my backstitches in 1 color, and then change them selectively, but without having to change each individual little twist and turn. Maybe something like selecting an area and replacing colors, but *for backstitching*.

Total stitch count would be great, too.

I'd love to see DMC Color Effects thread listed, along with the variegated ones. I know the actual color result would depend on where you start on the thread, how you stitch, etc., but a basic representation would be great. I've got an Excel chart that uses lots of both these types of thread--I'd like to plot it into PC Stitch to redesign it, but have been holding off, waiting for these lists.

Would also love to see a larger line of Mill Hill beads included, and a way to indicate that there is something attached (charm, etc).
Go to Top of Page

profkathy

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  18:18:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also find it frustrating to plot text on my designs. I've created alphabets, but I can't really change the size and shape like I want. I generally need to play with things a while before I'm ready to finalize. Any good way to do this, short of creating a new pattern and pulling it in?
Go to Top of Page

ulligd469

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2013 :  04:44:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
two colours in a stitch.
Android Handy Version.

Edited by - ulligd469 on 01/13/2013 04:47:31
Go to Top of Page

profkathy

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  14:55:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blended stitches with varying numbers of strands, e.g., 2 str ABC and 1 str XYZ.

I love the way we can replace colors for the whole pattern or for a selected portion of it. It would be even better if we could replace a color OUTSIDE the selected portion. (This happens when I've got a "box" stitched around a design, and decide I want it to be a different color. I'm currently having to change them by hand.)
Go to Top of Page

jemileesmom1

11 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2013 :  00:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would LOVE to be able to select my own stitch count, using numbers that are not already in the drop down menu. I realize that counted cross stitch cloth is only in the sizes/numbers mentioned, but other crafts might benefit from being able to choose differently.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000