Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

wyrdbyrd

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  13:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do a lot of blackwork design. The 'specialty stitch' section is hard to see and even harder to organize. Perhaps create a folder tree for stitch types and motifs.

Drag and drop library motifs are a pain. How about making them work the same way 'specialty stitches' do?

I'd LOVE a blackwork fill capability. Encircle a section, choose the fill, then click it in like you do with the color fill.

Cover page for a photo would be nice, as would a more flexible information sheet that works more like a regular document with formatting options at the page itself.

Also would like to be able to put the pattern legend on the pattern page as well as instruction page.

Finally, how about providing standard directions and diagrams on how to do cross stitch and blackwork that we can add to the pattern package?

Thanks for listening!

Jeanne Dansby, Wyrdbyrd Designs http://wyrdbyrdsnest.blogspot.com/

"Your imagination can take you anywhere!"
Go to Top of Page

HippyCraig

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  16:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure if this exisits already but there are patern files you can not edit. Is there a way to save the pattern files in a format that make them read only. Have it so the person saving can give the user the option to copy selections but not edit the orginal file.

The idea came from the one sample of a dragon in a cup pattern, its a different file extention that lets you view and pring but not save it.
Go to Top of Page

HippyCraig

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  16:59:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I am posting again I wanted to correct the way I worded on of the option

The create or the original file can have an option before creating to allow a user to copy out of the patern or just view it.
Go to Top of Page

cincytom

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  13:18:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I'm a noobie so hope that I'm in the right place.

Firstly, I love PCStitch. Kudos to Mark and everyone for fine job.

It would be a project aid if a filter were added that would only show a particular color from the floss palette. Everything else other than the grid should be displayed in a contrasting background; either dark or light depending on the chosen color.

I usually work from the computer screen and paint over completed stitches as I go with a contrasting color. This allows me to keep track of my progress. Even with filtering all other colors, it would still be nice to paint over completed stitches with a contrasting color that would be seen with or without this filter applied. I hope this makes sense.

There's not a right way or wrong way -- only your way.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  15:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cincytom,

The current version of PCStitch has just that feature. It's called "Highlighting". You turn it on and whatever is the "active" color, ONLY that color is shown. Everything else is "faded" so the one color is seen clearly.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

cincytom

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  15:45:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still running version 9.01. Is this something new? I've run the opening dialog that checks for updates and it says that I'm current.

Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  20:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you running Pro or Standard 9? The latest version is 9.01.008 (in some places it says 08 instead of 008.

I just checked and the Highlight feature is one of the "pro" enhancements. You find it by right-clicking on a color in the floss bar and selecting the Highlight option.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

cincytom

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  08:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Diane. I'm running 9.01.008 Pro. I hadn't realized the highlighting option. I need to play with this some more but it does seem to work. In the highlight mode it seems that a right-mouse click will remove the stitch that will help track progress.

Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

Daisy

128 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  01:24:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some further thoughts based on the mistakes I keep making;
- would it be possible to be able to compress the file size for exporting a pattern as a jpeg before exporting it (when there isn't time to sew and photo before sending an image) - current file sizes are too large for my computer to handle
- using the zoom tool - could the screen stay on the same part of the pattern rather than default to the top or bottom corner when changing zoom levels - and a 'map' of the area be available showing where the enlarged area is in relation to the entire design?
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2011 :  12:44:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After playing with a few things I came up with what could be a very useful tool - especially for those who not only have PCStitch but have the additional palettes available from myriaCross.

How about the ability to disable but not remove palettes from the list? The files would still be there but they would not show in the list of available palettes. There would need to be an option to either restore ALL palettes or selectively restore certain palettes (maybe at the same time some are disabled).

The usefulness of this option is readily apparent with the number of flosses and beads available now. Users normally only have access to a limited number of the many (well over 300) that can be listed. It's slow to traverse the list to get just the palette you want at any time. However, some special project can arise where you want a palette you don't normally use. This can bring that back to the "active" list.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2011 :  22:06:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's another neat idea that I have kind of wanted. Have backstitches serve as the "blocking" areas for a fill. rather than just cross-stitches marking the boundary of an area to fill with a single color, why can't backstitches do the same thing.

We can mark an area with backstitches and then fill with a color. That would be faster than marking the individual boundary area for an area, filling it and then backstitching it. That is, if you don't want to use the auto-backstitch or it's not feasible for your application.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

Charles

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  16:01:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to see it check for updates on an install and check for updates when it is ran each time. I just reciently had to replace my hard drive and getting everything up to date was a chore. Programs with auto update were a big time saver. As well as making sure the version numbers match for the patches and what the client lists as updated.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  17:35:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charles, PCStitch does routinely tell you it's time to check for an update. Also, I believe it checks as soon as it installs to be sure you have the latest version to start with.

Auto-updating software is fine - to the point where it tells you there's an update and asks for permission to download and install the update.

I do not think it's wise to let all applications check and install behind your back. Even Microsoft is required to ask me. It doesn't like it and gives me a yellow marker but it does it. The only software that is allowed to update itself without my prior approval is my anti-virus software. I schedule when it checks for updates but it's allowed to download if it finds anything without asking first.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

Kathy B

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  16:27:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One biggie for me would be including a converter so that I can convert my designs that were made in another software, i.e., Greenoff, into pcstitch patterns. Now I have to go through the massive effort of redrawing my designs into PCStitch Pro 9.

There is a program out there by another software producer that does this and I'll probably purchase it just so I don't have to redraw them, but why not include such a feature or a plug in that would do this?

Thanks,
Kathy B

gracewoodstitches.com
Go to Top of Page

sereniticat

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  09:46:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there-this is very exciting. I am really impressed with all the support this software has. I am also impressed by how intuitive the program is. I tried out a lot of the software out there before deciding on PC stitch because it IS so intuitive.

However, that said, I am afraid that I will outgrow it with where I'd like to take some of my designing as I would like to have drawn thread and more specialty stitches.

What I would like to see is -
1. the GAST threads updated to the full list.
2. specialty stitches that can be rounded for lazy daisies and queen's stitch.
3. I'd also love specialty stitches for drawn thread and cut work. I would not mind paying extra for something like this, (like an expansion pack perhaps so that designers who do not need these features don't have to pay for them.)
4. I'd really love to be able to put beads in the square instead of over the grid line. Meaning I'd like the bead to be in place of a stitch instead of over the stitch. Same with French Knots. If there is already a way for this to happen, please let me know, I'd be grateful.
5. I'd like to be able to list thread conversions such as GAST to DMC in the legend for stitchers who'd rather use DMC vs. hand dyed, when I chart with them.

Honestly, whilst the above being my dream wishlist, I am so very happy with PCStitch and I'll happily shout it from the mountains.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000