New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Periphaeria

120 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  12:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watermarking the charts would be great - and I mean being able to insert copyright watermark on every page of the chart when printing the design.
Also floss usage tool should use the actual percentage of the actual skein, not estimation based on 8 metre skein (the regular one), as there are hand-dyeds in the floss list it would be nice that the software would notice that their skeins are usually smaller.

Few more steps to undo would also be nice sometimes.

There have been some good suggestions here, I agree with:

- selection tool (stitch count of the area)
- redo

"To err is human--and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
-- Robert Orben

Periphaeria Designs

Go to Top of Page

astitcher

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  18:22:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark,
I use Madeira Mouline Stickwist embroidery floss and would like to see the colors for this floss added to the floss pallette options.
Go to Top of Page

Willowlane

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  15:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair

Willowlane, actually, the current version is 9, not 10. What Mark is asking for is suggestions for 10. Since it's at the suggestion point, it probably will be a while before it's ready. Also, as far as I know, every time there has been a major increase, the current users have the opportunity for an extreme discount on the upgrade and if it's recent enough, sometimes even a free upgrade.

Please don't let this keep you from upgrading to 9 from 7.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

Like Books? Visit www.Booktastic.org

Thanks for the advice Diane & Mark.
I will treat myself to version 9 in a few weeks when i have saved up.

Edited by - Willowlane on 09/18/2010 01:54:27
Go to Top of Page

Daisy

128 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2010 :  08:41:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Thanks for the opportunity to suggest stuff - at last, a Company who listens!!!!

Just got the PC Stitch Pro 9 and love it; would like to be able to consolidate the tables when exporting or printing so that I can include symbols/colour blocks, thread name and number, floss amounts and number of strands needed on the same table.

It would also be great if they could be edited for font and style, and for the pattern notes and instructions to be too. Even better, if ALL the components of a design could be incorporated into one document for ease of printing or exporting.

Keep up the good work!
Go to Top of Page

Daisy

128 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2010 :  10:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the other ideas in this forum;

I've been 'playing to learn' with the software - just a thought - would it be possible to include simple drawing tools in the next version?

My old software had the ability to draw straight lines, rectangles, circles and ovals in full stitches - quite a time-saver and good if mouse control is difficult. Could it be possible to use other stitches as well in drawing basic shapes? e.g. a line of Algerian eyelets??
Go to Top of Page

MATTEL

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  19:10:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HELLO MARK, IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF EACH PIXEL/SQUARE COULD BE NUMBERED FOR ROW COUNTING USAGE. ANOTHER AWESOME THING WOULD BE FOR THE FLOSS USAGE SUMMARY COULD BE CONVERTED INTO YARN USAGE. I LOVE PCSTITCH!! IT IS A VOYAGE OF OPPORTUNITIES AND I AM LOVING WHERE I AM GOING WITH IT.

MHM
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  20:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mattel,

Check the bottom of the window. There is a notation there of row & column wherever your mouse is within the pattern.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

MATTEL

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  23:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THANK YOU. WHAT I MEANT IS EACH PIXEL WITHIN A ROW IS NUMBERED SUCH AS ROW 1: 3 RED 4 BLUE ECT. FOR GRAPHICS I USE REPEADLY I INPUT IN EXCEL THIS WAY I HAVE A NICE PRINTED ROW COUNT. MY PENMANSHIP IS HORRID LOVING MY KEYBOARD LOL

MHM
Go to Top of Page

sweetybird042472

9 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  15:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to see the ability to save a pattern and all the associated information as a PDF file so I could save it to a flash drive and then take it to someplace like Staples or Office Max to have the ability to use a higher quality printer.

I have an inkjet printer and would love to be able to take the pattern and have it either printed from a laser printer or a copy machine.

Thanks for opening this up to your customers for suggestions!

Christy
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  17:17:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Christy,

You can do that now if you have a free "virtual printer" like PrimoPDF installed on your PC. Just "print" to that device and you have a PDF of exactly what you would see printed.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

sweetybird042472

9 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2010 :  18:53:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diane,

That is awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge!!!

Christy
Go to Top of Page

gvanv

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  13:52:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Top of my wish list for v.10: the ability to select the default tool when charts are opened. At present, it always defaults to full cross-stitch, but often when I'm editing charts or copying parts from one chart to another, I find I've added cross-stitches when I meant to select some stitches! For my purposes, having the Selection tool as the default would work best; other people will have other needs, so the best solution would be an option to set the default.

Another thing I'd find useful would be the ability to "merge to background" a bunch of specialty stitches at once. Now it has to be done one at a time.

Looking forward to the new version!
Go to Top of Page

gvanv

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  13:45:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another thought: it would be very useful to be able to print the floss usage list on the same page as the instructions. Is that difficult to implement?
Go to Top of Page

Amber

Denmark
112 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  18:50:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another suggestion:

When selecting something with the selection tool and right clicking, two options could be 'crop to edit box' and 'center: vertical, horizontal and both'.
Go to Top of Page

Amber

Denmark
112 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  15:59:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's another (bug?) I've noticed: Sometimes when the available colors is open, the bottom color is cropped off.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000