Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Mark

USA
414 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  16:10:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to come up with a list of new features and enhancements for the next verison of PCStitch, and I thought this would be a great place to start!

What new features would you like to see or what would you like to see work differently?

Mark Miller
M&R Technologies

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  17:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got one idea -- How about having the 'auto-backstitch' have an option to take 'longest possible' stitches from point to point instead of having them just one stitch length each.

Yest it makes the estimate of the floss usage a bit less accurate but it's usually easier to modify and makes the files smaller.

It doesn't have to be the default, just an option for it.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

Like Books? Visit www.Booktastic.org
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  12:16:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just from memory - without searching through the requests, I have a few other suggestions:

Languages other than English supported (such as French, Spanish and German)

Allow "printing" or PDF creation of help system to form a "manual" for those who have repeatedly asked for that.

When Printing - allow legend to be printed on EVERY page (not just the right-most one of each "row")

OK - That's a few from me - let's bring in other users' requests!

Diane

Go to Top of Page

Mark

USA
414 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  13:35:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diane,

Thanks, those are all good suggestions! Hopefully, we will get some more soon.

Mark Miller
M&R Technologies
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2010 :  08:00:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The question about petite stitches just now reminded me of an issue I've seen reported here several times - the way half-cross-stitches are printed. The slash through the symbol makes it difficult to see. Some other way of noting half crosses without making the user change the symbol seems to be what is needed.

Diane

Go to Top of Page

Amber

Denmark
112 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2010 :  13:39:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First I give kudos to Mark for involving us in this process.

I have gone through all my posts and have made up a list.

Here are my suggestions:

- Option of using mouse wheel to zoom in and out, and drag on ruler for up and down

- Mouse trackers in the rulers (vertical and horizontal lines) that follow the mouse.

- Using the selection tool: on the bottom of the screen it says how many stitches big it is.

- What about a 'redo' button? If I had made some intricate move and click on the undo, then I can't regret it.

- If one clicked on a library pattern one would get a preview like in the pattern browser.

- Use both horizontal and vertical mirror mode at the same time.

- Combine Floss usage and edit palette sort: Like right click on palette, click 'sort', then get a list, including floss usage, which you can move colors, and click on the descriptions on top for ascending/descending order.

- The tabs change order when you click on the pushpin, and it goes to the bottom. It would be nice if they stayed in the same order.

- The Pattern Viewer can only open patterns below version 8. Is there an update/Newer version in the future? And maybe put a pattern browser function like PCStitch in?

Bugs?

- Unchecking the 'preview folders' in the pattern browser doesn't change anything.

- If I have another program open while running PCstitch, and choose for example new, then ok, PCStitch hides itself under the other windows on my screen.

- In the background options, there are two Light Mochas.

- Using search in the help secion, I have to double click to choose a subject, and every time I click on a subject it makes a sound.

- When the Line numbers box in the export option is checked, the numbers at the upper right edges and bottom left edges are capped off/ incomplete. To complete them the edge boarder needs to be 12 or more.

- In the available colors box, scrolling all the way down, sometimes the last color is capped off.

Looking as always forward to a great program.

Amber

Edited by - Amber on 09/04/2010 16:40:57
Go to Top of Page

joan reid

5 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  10:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in the tutorial explain the "hue, contrast, gamma correct, etc"
for us that are not artists.
thanks Joan
Go to Top of Page

littlestitcher

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  22:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to come up with a list of new features and enhancements for the next verison of PCStitch, and I thought this would be a great place to start!

What new features would you like to see or what would you like to see work differently?

Mark Miller
M&R Technologies

There are some things in the older version that I would like put back in the newer version. It's been frustrating to not be able to print anywhere on the page. To be restricted to 2.00 for all sides of the page is tough. Why was the fill bucket reversed?
Go to Top of Page

Mark

USA
414 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  10:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know what you mean about the printing restriction. Can you explain what you mean?

Mark Miller
M&R Technologies
Go to Top of Page

MaxPaul

France
47 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  08:39:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
- When enlarging the available colors panel: enlarge the type list accordingly.
- When sorting the available colors by floss ID: handle possibly existing prefixes. Example: S1, S10, S11, S2 => S1, S2, S10, S11
- Objects above 'standard' stitches: bad floss length count.

- Color pointed by the mouse: shows number in status bar. Add RGB preview.
- Editing area: possibly change mouse pointer to crosshair. Possibly snap to grid.
- Enhanced selection: all | only crosses | only backstitches | ...
- Add realistic textures for virtual stitches display mode.
- New display mode: actual size.
- Convert patterns to machine embroidery.
- Load machine embroidery patterns, at least for preview.
- Load machine quilting patterns, at least for preview.
- Load patterns made with other cross stitch programs.
Go to Top of Page

terrapin719

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  17:20:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally I would love to see more formatting abilities for saving and printing to customize how the chart looks, what's included, what formats it can be saved in, etc....

Loretta

Stitching the Night Away
http://www.stitchingthenightaway.com
Go to Top of Page

jeitze

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  15:21:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be great to be able to print charts in COLORED SYMBOLS. I have seen reference to this in some instructions, but my latest version does not have that option listed.
Go to Top of Page

Rebca

13 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  09:18:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When working with Library Maintenance, it would be great to be able to move a pattern from one library folder to another without having to click edit, and then re-saving it to the one you choose.
Go to Top of Page

Willowlane

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  15:33:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to ask when the next version is coming out. I have pcstitch 7 on one of my pc's but i have just got a new laptop and was thinking of putting version 10 on it. However i don't really want to pay all that money out only to find that a new one comes out a few months later. I'd rather wait and get the newer version.

So do you have a release date for the next version?
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  17:41:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Willowlane, actually, the current version is 9, not 10. What Mark is asking for is suggestions for 10. Since it's at the suggestion point, it probably will be a while before it's ready. Also, as far as I know, every time there has been a major increase, the current users have the opportunity for an extreme discount on the upgrade and if it's recent enough, sometimes even a free upgrade.

Please don't let this keep you from upgrading to 9 from 7.

Diane

Go to Top of Page

Mark

USA
414 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  10:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diane is right. We are VERY early in the process of a new release. So early that we don't even have a target date.

I hope noone uses this discussion as a reason to not upgrade to verison 9

Mark Miller
M&R Technologies
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000