PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 General Discussions & Announcements
 Suggestions for Next Version of PCStitch

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mark Posted - 08/24/2010 : 16:10:46
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to come up with a list of new features and enhancements for the next verison of PCStitch, and I thought this would be a great place to start!

What new features would you like to see or what would you like to see work differently?

Mark Miller
M&R Technologies
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FunFractals Posted - 03/22/2024 : 12:04:10
quote:
Originally posted by Bettsp

Occasionally I get patterns that list Anchor colors instead of DMC. I only have DMC threads. If possibe I would like to be able to put the pattern into PCStitch with Anchor colors and then have the program switch the threads to DMC numbers.

Betts Passmore

If you get a guide image that shows you how the pattern should look when completed, then you already have the means to do this with PCStitch. Are these patterns printed or a computer file? If they are printed, you can use a flatbed scanner to capture the image of the pattern. Once you have it saved, you can then take that image to use in the import feature of PCStitch. From there you choose how many colors you want until you're happy with the quality of the preview. Then you give it name, fill in some basic details in the options' menu, save it as a .PAT file, then print it as a .PDF or print the pattern on your home printer.

If it is a computer file, then you can use the included guide image to import as described above. This should solve your problem.

Take care,

FunFractals

https://www.patreon.com/FunFractals

Home to over 7,640 Cross Stitch .PDFs

(Free Try Before You Buy Samples)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/60113065
cristina Posted - 03/21/2024 : 13:29:09
It would be perfect as a program if it had a better simulation of the cross. As a designer I would appreciate it very much.
Thanks for the attention.

Cristina Didi
Bettsp Posted - 02/16/2024 : 16:22:10
Occasionally I get patterns that list Anchor colors instead of DMC. I only have DMC threads. If possibe I would like to be able to put the pattern into PCStitch with Anchor colors and then have the program switch the threads to DMC numbers.

Betts Passmore
Amber Posted - 07/31/2022 : 16:32:48
Two suggestions:

1. Currently when using the paint bucket it only fills with full stitches. It would be nice if it could also fill in with other stitches as well, like half stitches.

2. Currently while hovering over a color it says how many stitches. It would be nice if it say how many stitches and how many back stitches.
FunFractals Posted - 05/24/2022 : 08:06:09
01) During the import phase of converting images to patterns the left hand side automatically scales the source image to fit inside the preview window. The right hand side does not. It requires us to choose the level of detail in percentages or a "fit to" option. It also requires us to tick a tiny white check box to show the preview.

It would be great if in the options settings we can tell the software to always scale the images to fit inside the preview window and to show the preview of what our import conversions will look like. As I get older that little check box is getting harder to hit. It would be great to make that larger as well as the drop-down menu options.

02) Please add basic geometric shapes for us to choose from that we can re-size, rotate, and distort as we please.

Thank you,

FunFractals

https://www.patreon.com/FunFractals

Home to over 7,640 Cross Stitch .PDFs

(Free Try Before You Buy Samples)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/60113065
xBirgitx Posted - 11/13/2021 : 07:38:19
I didn't read through all 8 pages :) Sorry if this was suggested already, but better "stitched view" choices would be great. Like different fabric backgrounds, colors etc. that look realistic.
smartherus Posted - 04/19/2021 : 23:52:33
More support for half stitches. I use a lot in my patterns and right now with the darker colors the symbols show up white, which means the half stitch symbols disappear against the white background. Also the symbols for the half stitches are so tiny that they are impossible to see once printed.
Amber Posted - 04/05/2021 : 04:13:10
Please make the old toolbars remember their customizations, instead of having to do it every time I open pc stitch 11. Thanks.
SturdyNerdyStitchery Posted - 02/18/2021 : 12:09:12
I made a post questioning why I couldn't save on our in home server. See post for full details. yet, I could save to my computer or laptop just fine. I could "file save as" as much as I wanted (thus having me save file.version1, file.version2, file.version3 etc.)

The ctrl+s function was moot.

Maybe next round of updates...

It's just more annoying than anything. any other program can save to the server just fine. but PC stitch keeps adding the destination address when I save. For now, i may just keep doing version 1, 2, 3 etc. Or saving to my desktop and then moving the file manually when I am done.

Thanks!

Add: Maybe a way to keep the print window open until we hit the close X or cancel. Often times, designers need to print multiple versions...whether that is print to printer or print to PDF. It would just be easier and faster if the print window stayed open until we are done saving/printing all we need to print...rather than having to open the print window again

The Sturdy nerdy Stitchery: Making the world brighter, one stitch at a time
Dragonlair Posted - 01/11/2021 : 17:27:43
quote:
Originally posted by sairarias

It would be great to be able to use the program to mark other common stitches like chain stitch, or woven wheel! Also, to add specialty stitches.

Saira

I'm not sure what you're talking about. You can add specialty stitches and define your own. Could you give more details as to what you want?

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
sairarias Posted - 01/11/2021 : 16:12:07
It would be great to be able to use the program to mark other common stitches like chain stitch, or woven wheel! Also, to add specialty stitches.

Saira
SturdyNerdyStitchery Posted - 01/11/2021 : 13:21:30
8 pages...I know I should read it all before making suggestions...so I'll just apologize if these suggestions have been made before

-tools similar to MS paint. Line tool, square tool, circle tool, that squiggly ~ line tool, etc. It would just make some aspects of pattern making a bit easier. especially the circles and squiggles. I mean, one could go to MS paint, make your shapes, take a screen shot of them, underlay them in PC stitch, copy them pixel by pixel...but you can see how that is just too many extra steps.

-an option to select an area, then right click and "change color/change mark/change line style". I also use KG CHART (it's what I started out with)...and they have that option and it is insanely useful for when I did a section, only to realize it was the wrong color.

-back stitching having it's own layer. That is another useful feature that KG chart has that I wish PC stitch had. Sometimes, I JUST want to erase or edit only the back stitching...

-Mock ups? I mean, the export feature is great...i just wish it also showed actual cloth behind it the way win stitch does. Or in a frame/hoop. Not the end of the world, I know work arounds sure...but It would just be nice to have one less step to do before I list things on etsy

Other than that, I REALLY enjoy the program. I make patterns much faster in PC stitch than I did with KG chart

Thanks!

Making the world brighter, one stitch at a time
joecarquest Posted - 12/03/2020 : 13:45:03
I want to open my palette and make changes to the symbols with out opening a pattern. When I open a pattern it shows 250 out of 413 colors. I have already entered all my symbols for the colors I have in a palette.
Lorrieann Posted - 09/15/2020 : 07:31:15
Hello,

I've been using PCStitch for longer than I care to admit (version 1) I love it. I wonder if there are plans to make an android or tablet version of the reader. I don't mind using the PC to make and print out my designs, but it would be lovely to be able to read them off a tablet in my favorite stitching chair.

A reader that would work on my phone or tablet, that I could highlight colors as I needed and magnify would be awesome.

Thanks,
Lorrieann

Peace,
Lorrieann
jamoldover Posted - 07/15/2020 : 16:48:09
Here's a definite wish list item:
Please add a way to perform a bulk import of floss information instead of requiring that new floss colors are added one at a time. I just went through both the Threadworx Cotton and Weeks Dye Works floss lists, and had to add about 80 different colors one at a time so that I could make use of them in the program. I'd also like to have other specialty flosses available, but adding them one at a time becomes prohibitive. Being able to import a list (from a csv file, maybe) would be a tremendous time saver. If possible, a way to import the RGB values for the floss color at the same time would also be appreciated, but even having a way to import just the name/ID of the floss would help.

Thanks,

Joshua

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000