PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch Standard
 Import Error Windows 7
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BJ2009

4 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  09:54:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using PCStitch 6, loaded it onto new computer running Vista, then upgraded to Windows 7. When I try to import, I receive message of Run-time error '339': Component 'LTDLG11N.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. (I don't know if this problem existed with the Vista or not; I didn't try to import anything during the time period I was running it.) Any suggestions?

Thanks, BJ2009

Dragonlair

USA
2792 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  10:32:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BJ,

I'm afraid you may have to upgrade. PCStitch 6 did not support Vista. You were lucky there. Only 7 and 9 are supported under Vista and 7 is no longer available. Version 9 (pro and standard) does support Vista AND Windows 7.

There is (or at least was) a sale for PCStitch 9 Standard from www.patternsonline.com which is half the normal price. That may be what you need to do.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

BJ2009

4 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  12:34:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks--my free upgrade to Windows 7 sure has gotten expensive. Found out I couldn't use my Adobe Photoshop Elements 7. :(
At least I managed to load PCStitch 6 on Windows 7, so can still work with it some. (Looked for that sale on PCStitch 9 and didn't find it, so must be over.)


quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair

BJ,

I'm afraid you may have to upgrade. PCStitch 6 did not support Vista. You were lucky there. Only 7 and 9 are supported under Vista and 7 is no longer available. Version 9 (pro and standard) does support Vista AND Windows 7.

There is (or at least was) a sale for PCStitch 9 Standard from www.patternsonline.com which is half the normal price. That may be what you need to do.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question


Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2792 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  15:10:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know how you feel. Upgrading the OS often means other upgrades. I was lucky when I upgraded to Vista (via purchase of a new computer) - over 95% of my old stuff still worked. I did purchase a new version of Office but not much else was needed.

If 6 still works except for imports, that is at least something. You might use the Contact Us point and ask if there is a reduced price available to go from 6 to 9 but since it is over 5 years old, that may not be possible.

It does look like that sale at POL is over. I think it may have been just until the end of November. Just watch for sales. Sometimes you can get 9 (Standard or Pro) on CD for a sale price from a third party - such as JoAnns or Amazon.

Good Luck,

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

chalot16

Mexico
1 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  15:35:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there!!!!

This solution may help others like me and you bought PCStitch 6 and now with Windows 7 has the same import problem: error 339 Component ltdlg11n.ocx
I solved this problem yesterday easily as follow:

Click the Windows Start menu (located at the very lower-left corner of your computer's desktop)
Point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then RIGHT CLICK on Command Prompt
You will see a submenu where you shoukd click 'Run as administrator'

You will see a little black window. Write after >

regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\ltdlg11n.ocx


THAT'S IT!!!! Open PCSTITCH 6 and try to import again.

I'm happy now ;)
Diana
Go to Top of Page

jackiek

5 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2013 :  22:09:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having problems with importing with my program PC Design Studio2. Seem to be missing a file LTDLG11N.OCX.

Is there anywhere one can download this file for this program. I've done an extensive search and don't have this file anywhere in my system so I need to find it and download it.

Please n thanks in advance

PS: The suggestion with the Command prompt didn't work.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2792 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2013 :  07:34:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're getting a message of a missing file, and that register command doesn't work, contact Mark.

It may be a 32/64 bit issue.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

jackiek

5 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2013 :  10:01:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry but I am very new here so may I ask who is Mark?
Please n thank you


quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair

If you're getting a message of a missing file, and that register command doesn't work, contact Mark.

It may be a 32/64 bit issue.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question




Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2792 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2013 :  11:50:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark is the owner of the site and the main developer of PCStitch. You can send him an email using the link in his profile.

Good Luck,


Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

jackiek

5 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2013 :  13:52:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you. I have sent him an email and hopefully he can help me with this problem and get it resolved.


quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair

Mark is the owner of the site and the main developer of PCStitch. You can send him an email using the link in his profile.

Good Luck,


Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question


Go to Top of Page

quyanh

1 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2013 :  23:06:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BJ2009

I am using PCStitch 6, loaded it onto new computer running Vista, then upgraded to Windows 7. When I try to import, I receive message of Run-time error '339': Component 'LTDLG11N.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. (I don't know if this problem existed with the Vista or not; I didn't try to import anything during the time period I was running it.) Any suggestions?

Thanks, BJ2009


Go to Top of Page

jackiek

5 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2013 :  01:42:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ended up having to download and install Demo 7 and with that, it put the missing file in place to where it belong. If nothing else works, then try that.
Jackie

quote:
Originally posted by quyanh

quote:
Originally posted by BJ2009

I am using PCStitch 6, loaded it onto new computer running Vista, then upgraded to Windows 7. When I try to import, I receive message of Run-time error '339': Component 'LTDLG11N.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. (I don't know if this problem existed with the Vista or not; I didn't try to import anything during the time period I was running it.) Any suggestions?

Thanks, BJ2009




Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000