Printing patterns onto paper,
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CreativeStitcher

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2013 :  22:22:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have my design in the computer, and am wondering at what size should I set the stitches to be, so that I can see the different stitches, and not get confused in similar looking stitches in black and white.

2nd, Once I am ready to print, and it may print out in several pages, what size should I have it print out in I understand it may take several pages to pring out the entire pattern

3rd, how do I cut and adhere the pages together that I have printed out of the pattern? What is the best method for that?

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2013 :  07:40:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1) Choose the size of the stitch that you plan on actually using. That is independent on what you see on the screen. It will give you the closest estimate of floss usage but is not a critical issue. For display, if you find the symbols too small, just "zoom". The later versions remember your zoom and that's all it's doing, zoom he display so you can see them. Try to avoid symbols that appear too similar in general. It's easier to stitch!

2) Print so the squares are reasonable sized to see. The default options usually work for that with about 10 - 12 squares per inch printed. If that's not big enough, go to fewer but that will increase the number of pages required to print.

3) It is not expected for you to cut/paste the pages to make one BIG pattern. That actually can be harder to use as the print will come off in the folds and make the pattern hard to use. You can set "overlaps" so that the pages to the right and the pages below will have (default of 2) a few rows/columns of the same pattern as the page to the left and/or above with a cross hatched pattern printed on it as a "shadow". You do not stitch these areas, they are to help you coordinate the various pages.

Most users are familiar with and comfortable with multi-page patterns. They are easier to use than one big pattern printing.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

CreativeStitcher

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2013 :  17:05:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is so confusing, being a first time user
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2013 :  20:36:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The best solution -- play with it -- try. Maybe not actually print but use a virtual printer and print to PDF and compare the results. When you get a little practice, you'll see it's not a major deal. It's easy to understand.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000