PC stitch 10 help please!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

letsgoyarning

Georgia
4 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  16:18:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi recently bought PC stitch 10 to do my picture graphs on for crochet and I seems not been able to get it right. Does anyone know of any other place on web or their own way learning how to do it that will help me?

Hugs Joan

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  20:08:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PCStitch is not intended to be used for crochet. However, any craft that can have it's design represented in a graphical gridded chart can use PCStitch. It just takes a bit of re-interpretation of what a "stitch" (grid square) means.

To use it or another craft, you just have to work with it until you get what you want and then remember what interpretation worked!

Good Luck,

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

letsgoyarning

Georgia
4 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  23:48:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diane I know that PC Stitch is made for,but I do know they use this for Crochet .They make a picture graph out of PC Stitch and then each block means 1 crochet stitch. I need help doing the graph and I do see a lot people on here that us this for crochet!

Hugs JOAN
Go to Top of Page

Daisy

128 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2013 :  00:05:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Joan
I've used PCStitch when doing lace crochet; I used one square for each block of three trebles - coloured in for 'treble, treble, treble' when part of pattern, and empty for the 'treble, chain, treble' for 'lace' grid around it.

I've seen it used as different colours for each type of stitch - a double - 2 squares tall x 1 square wide in red, treble - 3 squares tall x 1 square wide in blue, chain - 1 x 1 green and so on. It's easy to do a chart it's just up to you how you want to do it.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2013 :  08:04:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
letsgoyarning,

If what you want is the import of the image. That's a different case and for crochet, you will need a very simple image and very very small since the conversion works with one stitch to 1 pixel ratio as the best.

I've posted tips on importing to create patterns several times. I think I'm going to have to make a special thread on that item.

The keys are tiny pictures and tweaking!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000