New palette creation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rosybear

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2023 :  22:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to create a palette with all available DMC colours, make it the default palette, then create new pattern from a picture that would contain 150 of the total colours in the palette (I would then use the feature "Clear unused entries" to reduce the number of colours in the palette. When I tested with about 30 colours or so, creating a file with sample of a few stitches of each colour in a pattern, I printed to PDF, then brought in to Pattern Keeper app. I found that almost all of the colours automatically populated with the proper colours for each symbol (previously, I would have to look up each and every one of the colours and match it with the symbol to make it work for Pattern Keeper to be able to keep track of my progress. So, I enlarged the palette by many more colours, but now when I print to PDF, many of the symbols do not show up at all, and I get a message in Pattern Keeper saying: We imported your chart, but were not able to index the symbols. That is usually because the chart is an scan or image. You will still be able to see your chart and enter your progress but you will not be able to search for symbols." Any suggestions on how I would fix this?

Rose Axelson

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2023 :  07:37:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rosybear,

You are working with a 3rd party product. PCStitch automatically matches a symbol to each color upon selection for a pattern. That symbol can be changed at any time.

Note that there are over 450 individual colors in DMC in just stranded cotton, not even thinking of the special colors. I don't think there are enough symbols in a font to match them all and there are always some codes within a font that have no symbol. There are also some duplicate symbols in some fonts. That has been noted in the PCStitch fonts.

Your best bet is to work with the other product for some resolution. PCStitch is not designed to coordinate with it, even if it accepts PCStitch designs.

The fact that you have to use PDF is a sign that it does not actually talk to the pattern.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000