Posted - 01/23/2023 :  17:57:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOOKING FOR THE TUTORIAL ..THIS IS NOT A USER FRIENDLY PROGRAM

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2023 :  20:26:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dianna,

There is no need to yell.

At the top-right of the PCStitch window is an option named "Help".

The third item there is "Tutorials". The tutorial has been around for more than 15 years. I first started using PCStitch with version 7 in 2004. I used that tutorial.

In addition, a PDF formatted user manual is included during install. A link is provided but if you can't find it, the file is placed in the same folder where you installed the product.

There is no printed manual but you can print that manual if you have enough time and paper. It's not small - 98 pages long.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

dianna

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2023 :  10:33:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SO SORRY.I wasnt yelling..lol it's hard to see some of the text DiannaI have used PC 10 but find PC 11 a little daunting..cant get it to do what I want..

There is no need to yell.

At the top-right of the PCStitch window is an option named "Help".

The third item there is "Tutorials". The tutorial has been around for more than 15 years. I first started using PCStitch with version 7 in 2004. I used that tutorial.

In addition, a PDF formatted user manual is included during install. A link is provided but if you can't find it, the file is placed in the same folder where you installed the product.

There is no printed manual but you can print that manual if you have enough time and paper. It's not small - 98 pages long.

Diane

[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2023 :  13:06:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dianna,

Posting in all caps is the visible form of yelling to many people. It's sometimes hard to read.

I've used PCStitch since version 7 and even went back a bit to PCStitch 6 and even 5 with some of the motifs that are now part of the product when they were separate. Trying to install them installed the product, too. That was back with Windows Vista and the stuff was designed for earlier and was a real pain to get some of them installed.

Other than the addition of "ribbons" when Win 7 came out, I have never seen that much difference in how the product works. There are more features but the familiar ones work the same.

The one thing I don't recommend is using Microsoft's PDF printer. It has been known to really foul things up blocking all printing - even if you're just trying to change away from it.

Good Luck,

Diane
Go to Top of Page

Ninny16

France
5 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2023 :  06:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonjour,
Est-il possible d'obtenir le manuel d'aide en français ?
Merci

ninny16
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2023 :  07:32:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry, but the tutorial and PDF is only available in English.

The best you can do is to use a translator on portions of it.

Diane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000