Changing Font Symbols
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gwynne Burn

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2022 :  12:38:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not happy with the symbols used against my floss colours, especially the number of variations with the capital E, very hard to distinguish. I've been trying to find a way of deleting the ones I don't want, and adding the ones I do; I can't find out how. Is it possible? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction. Thank you

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2022 :  15:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can select from any font set available with Windows (including 3 totally separate PCStitch fonts) and even have every color in your pattern use a different font.

Just select the font palette, select the color (with the current symbol showing) and scroll around the visible font shown. Note, there are some places in every font that has no symbol defined.

If you don't like the symbols showing, select the drop-down menu and from there scroll through the available fonts and select the one you want.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Gwynne Burn

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2022 :  06:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, I've been playing around and have found some things to do but not that. Very helpful. Have a Happy New Year
Go to Top of Page

SGGirl78

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2023 :  15:35:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use Markup R-XP for my patterns and it requires PDF patterns to have a specific font for the symbols so it can detect and assign the correct color floss to the correct symbol. My question is, is it possible to assign the symbols to the ASCII text format?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tanya L
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2023 :  15:58:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tanya,

I had never heard of that product and it appears it doesn't accept raw .pat files but just files "printed" to PDF.

In that case, to get the font you need, you need to have that font defined as a Windows Font and select it for the font used within PCStitch.

To my knowledge, no text files are involved in either PCStitch or your Markup product.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2023 :  15:58:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tanya,

I had never heard of that product and it appears it doesn't accept raw .pat files but just files "printed" to PDF.

In that case, to get the font you need, you need to have that font defined as a Windows Font and select it for the font used within PCStitch.

To my knowledge, no text files are involved in either PCStitch or your Markup product.

Diane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000