Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2017 :  12:27:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As per your #2 request - you can select the floss palette to use. If you create your own - as a subset of an existing palette with the colors you want, that might give you what you need. However, remember that the computer sees color differently than what you do and there will be some differences (and definitely, some confetti stitches). You're not expected to keep what the import gives you as the final product. It's just the start! You then tweak to get just what you want, including changing colors as you feel needed.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

cccrow

4 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  13:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to be able to save/keep track of all of the colours I already own. I put together a lot of patterns on my own and have a list of all of the colours I already have in my phone, but dang wouldn't it be easier if I could see the colours I have on a panel rather than looking them up individually. Maybe have an option to save a "Purchased Palette" or something?
Go to Top of Page

BeccaJeanDesigns

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2017 :  16:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cccrow

I would love to be able to save/keep track of all of the colours I already own. I put together a lot of patterns on my own and have a list of all of the colours I already have in my phone, but dang wouldn't it be easier if I could see the colours I have on a panel rather than looking them up individually. Maybe have an option to save a "Purchased Palette" or something?

I actually did this in a previous version. What I did was open the floss editor and selected "create new list", I named the list something like "floss I have" and then used DMC as my starting point. Then it is just a matter of going through your list and adding the floss colors that you have into your new floss palette.
Go to Top of Page

iderjo

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2018 :  17:21:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for asking for input from users. As others have said, it would be great if Pcstitch could convert a graph into a written pattern. This would save a lot of time and eye strain manually counting all of those little squares. Thanks for your consideration.

Heather Bumbarger
Go to Top of Page

DonnaMurphyDelCueto

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  07:57:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be nice to be able to select an area and then change or remove all the backstitch colours in that area at once. It's a pain to have to remove them stitch by stitch.

Donna Murphy Del Cueto
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2018 :  09:17:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the backstitch colors are different than those used for normal stitches, you can select an area and remove all stitches of that color in the selected area. That will remove the backstitches.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

Rin

3 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2018 :  21:40:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(If this feature is already available, please let me know.)

A way to force PCStitch to accept exactly the image as it is submitted would be highly useful.

I tried making some pixel art in a graphics program (using screen shots from video games). I had everything sized and colored exactly as I wanted it - one pixel per stitch, but when I ported it into PCStitch, everything went weird and it completely altered the pattern.

It looked like it was treating the image as a photo and was attempting to blur the lines and make it more photo realistic.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2018 :  07:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rin,

First, I suggest you verify that the import parameters are correct. In this case, that the size of the desired pattern matches the pixel count of your image.

The next thing is to remember that the colors you see after import may NOT be the same as what you see. Computers see colors differently that people do.

Even with pixel art -- the image may appear blurred. Tweaking is always a needed step in creating the pattern you want. The import is always just a first step.

I've done simple images that should have been just 2 colors -- black/white and ended up with about 10 shades of black, gray, even purple!

Diane
Go to Top of Page

Rin

3 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2018 :  17:35:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Diane!

My import parameters were correct and the size exactly matched the pixel count.

The colors changing aren't a big deal, it's easy to switch a color once it's been assigned appropriately to each stitch. But like you've experience, when you import something that's only a couple of colors and it adds another dozen, that just doesn't work.

There should be an import setting specifically for pixel art where it turns off the blending algorithms and takes it pixel-by-pixel.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2018 :  20:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rin
There should be an import setting specifically for pixel art where it turns off the blending algorithms and takes it pixel-by-pixel.

The software doesn't know. Your case is so rare that there is no feasible reason to make a special case. All the software knows is image in the form of a jpg and work with it.

My experience is, although far from perfect, PCStitch does a better first approximation of imports than anybody else.

One thing you might try that would take time but may give you better results. Instead of an import, use it as an underlay and use that to assign your colors using it as the pattern -- like a paint by number. I've not tried it so it's just an idea.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

cjohnson8491

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2018 :  09:59:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Others who have older than version 11, say they don't understand why you took out change or remove background in the import wizard. They say its easier to remove in the wizard. I don't know as I started with version 11.

Would you consider putting it back?

Thanking you in advance...
Go to Top of Page

Bowen

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2018 :  09:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about an iPad app, just for viewing your files, not editing. you could have https://www.virtualpalomarwest.org/sizegenetics-review/ it be able to zoom in and out, mark were you left off, maybe even gray out an area you already worked on. Or highlight a specific color and gray out the rest while you stitch.

Peter

Edited by - Bowen on 01/09/2020 13:01:10
Go to Top of Page

JMT

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2018 :  14:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see the ability to add text that can be configured in an arc, rather than just left to right in a straight line.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Houston

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2019 :  12:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. I would love to see the addition of layers! If I could put a certain area on its own layer, I could easily be able to move that thing around if I don't like it's positioning.
2. Also, a lasso tool so that you could grab a more complicated area of stitches and move them. I know you have the selection box but being a little more precise would be nice.
3. Having the spacebar be able to pan around the pattern similar to photoshop would be the best. Having to scroll up and down and sideways on the image is really clunky. If I could just hit spacebar and pan it would not only speed things up but feel way better.
Go to Top of Page

jackiehannaford

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2019 :  13:16:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this has been brought up many times before and the answer has always been the same, but I think it's worth repeating again: I'd absolutely LOVE to see a version of PCStitch that is Mac-compatible.

Aside from the irony of creating a Mac version of something called *PC* Stitch, is there any particular reason why this has never been on the update docket? Obviously it would be a big undertaking, but with the ever-increasing dominance of Apple products, I would think a Mac version would just be inevitable at some point.

Curious to hear your thoughts on this!

Jackie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000