Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2019 :  15:41:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just one comment about Mac compatible. It would have to do something that is not done on the PC at this time -- be 64 bit! Since Apple is discontinuing (or has discontinued) support for 32 bit applications, the current PCStitch wouldn't work as is.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

jackiehannaford

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2019 :  17:03:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair

Just one comment about Mac compatible. It would have to do something that is not done on the PC at this time -- be 64 bit! Since Apple is discontinuing (or has discontinued) support for 32 bit applications, the current PCStitch wouldn't work as is.

Thank you for clarifying; it explains a lot. Is there any talk of a future version in 64 bit? I would happily jump on a PCStitch 12 that was Mac compatible, but in the meantime it’s looking more and more like I’m going to have to learn a new program...
Go to Top of Page

pbroesder

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2019 :  13:28:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regarding the Specialty Stitches, I would love to have the ability to anchor the stitch to any of the 9 boints within an individual grid square, just like you can do with a backstitch. The way they are (and have been from the beginning) is that it anchors them to the middle point of a square. I want my specialty stitches to line up with my corners of a full stitch, but they are off by a half stitch. For this reason, I have never been able to take advantage of the specialty stitches. I don't want to use them as they are and therefore have to remember to move them over a half stitch. Plus the specialty stitches as they are can get in the way by a half stitch of some other stitch you want to place next to is. I keep hoping for this change to come to the program. I will be so grateful if you incorporate this change.
Go to Top of Page

tazmcfly

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2019 :  16:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I have a request, can there be an option to maybe hold shift while left clicking with the paint tool to fill all negative space? I'll create a pattern, then have to go back to paint in the background color. I realize that I *should* paint the background color first, but I forgot. So it'd be nice to have an option to cover what I failed to do. Lol.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2019 :  20:11:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since most people don't stitch the full background so the background is shown unstitched, this may not be a high priority for most people.

You can paint areas with a selected color and it will work all around an area until it hits a block (a line of stitched or stitched in another color (paint can be used to change the color of an area). You do have to find the areas that are blocked off from the main area but maybe if you set the background of the display to a color that can be easily seen, you can find those areas to fill in quickly.

The problem with marking the background stitches first is it can be hard to "undo" stitches because if you change your mind on a stitch and want it a different color, most people click "undo" (or ctrl-z) and that may mark the stitch with NO stitches which brings you right back to your original request.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

jamoldover

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2020 :  16:48:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a definite wish list item:
Please add a way to perform a bulk import of floss information instead of requiring that new floss colors are added one at a time. I just went through both the Threadworx Cotton and Weeks Dye Works floss lists, and had to add about 80 different colors one at a time so that I could make use of them in the program. I'd also like to have other specialty flosses available, but adding them one at a time becomes prohibitive. Being able to import a list (from a csv file, maybe) would be a tremendous time saver. If possible, a way to import the RGB values for the floss color at the same time would also be appreciated, but even having a way to import just the name/ID of the floss would help.

Thanks,

Joshua
Go to Top of Page

Lorrieann

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2020 :  07:31:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I've been using PCStitch for longer than I care to admit (version 1) I love it. I wonder if there are plans to make an android or tablet version of the reader. I don't mind using the PC to make and print out my designs, but it would be lovely to be able to read them off a tablet in my favorite stitching chair.

A reader that would work on my phone or tablet, that I could highlight colors as I needed and magnify would be awesome.

Thanks,
Lorrieann

Peace,
Lorrieann
Go to Top of Page

joecarquest

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2020 :  13:45:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to open my palette and make changes to the symbols with out opening a pattern. When I open a pattern it shows 250 out of 413 colors. I have already entered all my symbols for the colors I have in a palette.
Go to Top of Page

SturdyNerdyStitchery

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  13:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
8 pages...I know I should read it all before making suggestions...so I'll just apologize if these suggestions have been made before

-tools similar to MS paint. Line tool, square tool, circle tool, that squiggly ~ line tool, etc. It would just make some aspects of pattern making a bit easier. especially the circles and squiggles. I mean, one could go to MS paint, make your shapes, take a screen shot of them, underlay them in PC stitch, copy them pixel by pixel...but you can see how that is just too many extra steps.

-an option to select an area, then right click and "change color/change mark/change line style". I also use KG CHART (it's what I started out with)...and they have that option and it is insanely useful for when I did a section, only to realize it was the wrong color.

-back stitching having it's own layer. That is another useful feature that KG chart has that I wish PC stitch had. Sometimes, I JUST want to erase or edit only the back stitching...

-Mock ups? I mean, the export feature is great...i just wish it also showed actual cloth behind it the way win stitch does. Or in a frame/hoop. Not the end of the world, I know work arounds sure...but It would just be nice to have one less step to do before I list things on etsy

Other than that, I REALLY enjoy the program. I make patterns much faster in PC stitch than I did with KG chart

Thanks!

Making the world brighter, one stitch at a time
Go to Top of Page

sairarias

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  16:12:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be great to be able to use the program to mark other common stitches like chain stitch, or woven wheel! Also, to add specialty stitches.

Saira
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  17:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sairarias

It would be great to be able to use the program to mark other common stitches like chain stitch, or woven wheel! Also, to add specialty stitches.

Saira

I'm not sure what you're talking about. You can add specialty stitches and define your own. Could you give more details as to what you want?

Diane
Go to Top of Page

SturdyNerdyStitchery

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  12:09:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made a post questioning why I couldn't save on our in home server. See post for full details. yet, I could save to my computer or laptop just fine. I could "file save as" as much as I wanted (thus having me save file.version1, file.version2, file.version3 etc.)

The ctrl+s function was moot.

Maybe next round of updates...

It's just more annoying than anything. any other program can save to the server just fine. but PC stitch keeps adding the destination address when I save. For now, i may just keep doing version 1, 2, 3 etc. Or saving to my desktop and then moving the file manually when I am done.

Thanks!

Add: Maybe a way to keep the print window open until we hit the close X or cancel. Often times, designers need to print multiple versions...whether that is print to printer or print to PDF. It would just be easier and faster if the print window stayed open until we are done saving/printing all we need to print...rather than having to open the print window again

The Sturdy nerdy Stitchery: Making the world brighter, one stitch at a time

Edited by - SturdyNerdyStitchery on 02/25/2021 11:36:19
Go to Top of Page

Amber

Denmark
112 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2021 :  04:13:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please make the old toolbars remember their customizations, instead of having to do it every time I open pc stitch 11. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

smartherus

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2021 :  23:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More support for half stitches. I use a lot in my patterns and right now with the darker colors the symbols show up white, which means the half stitch symbols disappear against the white background. Also the symbols for the half stitches are so tiny that they are impossible to see once printed.
Go to Top of Page

xBirgitx

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2021 :  07:38:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't read through all 8 pages :) Sorry if this was suggested already, but better "stitched view" choices would be great. Like different fabric backgrounds, colors etc. that look realistic.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000