PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 11
 bpt files
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mr. Stevers

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2026 :  15:29:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I always say I know how to use a computer but have no idea how they work!
I'm trying to organize my PCStitch patterns and such and noticed that a lot of them have a .bpt files as well as the .PAT files. Any idea if I need to keep the matching .bpt file with the .PAT file or can the .bpt file just be ignored or deleted?
As always - thank you!!

Dragonlair

USA
2961 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2026 :  17:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The .bpt files is a backup of the .pat file. The first time you save a pattern, you only get a .pat file. I'm not sure of the mechanism used but the effect is that after that, when you save a file, the .pat file is renamed as .bpt and a new updated .pat file is created.

It is for your protection. If your system crashes, you won't lose EVERYTHING as you can just rename the latest .bpt file as .pat and continue with just the last changes and then go on.

Once your design is finished, you can just delete the .bpt file. It's no longer needed.

I do recommend you set the auto-backup timer for your own protection. I usually have it set at 30 minutes.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Stevers

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2026 :  08:00:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As always many thanks Diane!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000