PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 11
 Toolbar customizations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CHills1953

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2026 :  15:27:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having numerous issues with the program some of which are being discussed in posts here. But there are some that I am not seeing which I will now discuss:

1. I am unable to customize the toolbars without having all of the changes made simply disappear when I close the program and open it again. So, each time I open it up to work on a pattern, I have to spend several minutes making the toolbars visible all over again and re-adding the customizations to them. Toolbars that I create from scratch have the same issue. Even built-in toolbars that I don't alter have to be checked in the options so they appear again. Is there no way to save these changes so they stick? I want to mention that this is an issue I have had since Version 6.

2. Today, I am unable to keep toolbars from disappearing at random. And I am unable to get the Text toolbar to even appear at all. To make things even worse, if I attempt to make it visible more than 2 or 3 times, a popup appears with the following message: "System Error: Object reference is not set to an instance of an object. So you want to email this information to PCStitch Technical Support?" I always click the "Yes" button and let it send the information. Sometimes at this point, the program stops responding and I have to force it to close using Task Manager. Then I will have to uninstall and reinstall the program. I've used PCStitch since Version 6 and I've never had this much trouble.

3. Perhaps the most worrisome thing outside of issues with the program itself is the seeming absence of true technical support. I see lots of posts in these forums, but no presence of any developer. Is this software being cared for by anyone who is working on fixing it? Will there be any more updates/fixes or is it time to look for another program? I really don't want to have to do that. Despite all the problems happening now I have enjoyed using PCStitch and would love to see it get the attention it so desperately needs.

Dragonlair

USA
2961 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2026 :  17:40:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I, too, have been using PCStitch since version 6. This is now version 11. Extreme changes have been made in the past years. I started using it around 2004 so I've been using it for more than 20 years. The current version has not been updated since 2018. That's 8 years with no changes. It has never been "officially" tagged as supported under Win 11 but I've had no problems with it. In fact, the only real problems that I've had is trying to install the "Pattern Pieces" into the software while using "Large Fonts" in Windows years ago. Since those pattern pieces are part of the software now, that's no longer an issue!

I'll reply to your questions basically by asking questions on my end to try to understand the issues.

What toolbar customization are you trying to achieve. I've heard of others having issues with toolbars but I've never had an issue so I don't understand. If you have had this problem since Version 6, it may be something that is not now, nor ever has been supported. Could you give step-by-step directions on what you are trying to do and what happens?

The only time I've had a toolbar disappear is if I accidentally click on it wrong. I'm famous for losing the palette at the bottom of the screen and having to put it back. I just clicked on "Text" and it came up right away with the list of fonts to use.

I don't know if there is active technical support per se. It's pretty stable. As I said, it hasn't been changed in 8 years. I do most of the "support" by trying to research and answer questions from the users. If I can't help, I tell them to contact Mark. Mark is the developer of the software and the final say in what is done and not done.

Now - few additional questions just for completeness:

What operating system are you using?
Do you have any other software that might conflict with PCStitch?
Other than the error message you listed, what error messages have you seen?
Could you give full sequences of steps that lead to problems?

Good luck,


Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000