Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

marylovestocrochet

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  09:28:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, my name is Mary, and I'm new to this board. I use my PC stitch to create patterns to make graph ghans to crochet and was wondering if there are any other users of the PC stitch who uses their's in this way.

I'd love to hear from any of you that do.

And are we allowed to share out patterns on this site.

Look forward to hearing from you all,
Mary

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  10:41:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mary,

The beauty of these types of graphed designs is they can be used for many crafts by just using your imagination. You can use the colors just as color ideas and not worry about the brand or color number. Then you can use them for plastic canvas, beadwork (several kinds), latch hook rugs, knitting, crocheting and probably others that I haven't even thought of.

Anything that can be represented as a chart can be done with this product!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

marylovestocrochet

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  11:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well I've already finished 3 graph ghans that I have crocheted from my PC stitch patterns that I have made. They are absolutely awesome.
Go to Top of Page

Amber

Denmark
112 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  15:01:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marylovestocrochet

well I've already finished 3 graph ghans that I have crocheted from my PC stitch patterns that I have made. They are absolutely awesome.

Do you have an online album where we could see any pics?
Go to Top of Page

marylovestocrochet

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  20:57:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, but I plan on making one soon. I'll keep you in touch about it.
Go to Top of Page

LavaHalo

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  14:48:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if it would work for crochet!! So happy to hear it does!! Thanks!
I have a couple of questions:
Is the program very hard to use? Which version do you have Pro or standard? Was there many adjustment's to make for it to work on crochet?
Thank you so much in advance for any help!
Have a blessed one!

-- edited by Moderator to make it readable - the pink was IMPOSSIBLE!

Edited by - Dragonlair on 10/03/2008 15:56:50
Go to Top of Page

SandyTexas

2 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  15:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use PC stitch to make graphs for picture afghans. I do them in single crochet. I have made many, and basically only use Pc stitch for this. Its not hard, and I have made several.
Here is the url to view a few of my graphs.
Feel free to email me with any questions. I will try to help, although most of mine are trial and error, LOL
Thanks,
Fronie
http://community.webshots.com/user/Fronnie10
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  15:59:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PCStitch (of any kind) can be used for any craft that used block symbol type charts. You just have to be imaginative how you interpret each "stitch". This includes needlepoint, latch hook, crochet and beads.

Remember also that the stitch size you choose is not hard and fast. Just because you say one size when you chart doesn't mean you can't use a different size. A 14 count pattern is stitched exactly as an 18 count pattern would be - only the size is different.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

lmantei

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  16:24:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm an avid crocheter, as well; and I think PCStitch would be an awesome program for creating crochet patterns of any type if it included the International Crochet Symbols as a font choice. I have been searching the internet for the last 2 weeks for the fonts; however, there's a lack of availability. Creating these fonts has also become a near impossible task.

As I mentioned, this program would be an awesome program if it included the necessary fonts/symbols used to create crochet patterns; and may also come in handy for other crafts that use symbols as well.
Go to Top of Page

ciproano

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  20:12:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had PCStitch 6 for years, but now I only knit. Knitting stitches are not square, they are wider than they are tall. Is there a way to reset the gauge in PCS to accommodate this? Without that, the patterns will end up looking squished in the knitted object rather than the way they are designed on PCS. This would be an even worse result for intarsia knitting, which would be lots of fun to design with PCS IF it can adjust the gauge.

If PCS 6 does not allow a more free-form changing gauge, would that be a feature of upgrading to the PCStitch Pro? Can anyone tell me for sure?

Thanks!

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2008 :  07:53:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know about your level of PCStitch but there is an option to set the gauge to NON-square! Look at the "Pattern Properties". It's checked for "square weave" but you can un-check that and set the vertical and horizontal "stitches/inch" separately.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

ciproano

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  19:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look at the "Pattern Properties". It's checked for "square weave" but you can un-check that and set the vertical and horizontal "stitches/inch" separately.

Diane, thank you so much for this tip! I haven't used PCS in a long time, so I think I'm still on version 6, but it does have the Pattern Properties which allowed me to reset the horizontal and vertical based on stitches and rows per inch for whatever yarn/needle combination I'm using. AWESOME! This will allow me to chart out patterns etc. using my good ol' PCStitch! I set up a couple "patterns" using different gauges so that I can plug and play when I'm ready to plot a Fair Isle pattern or something.

Thanks, again.

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

cherylpearl

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  07:35:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also got the PC Stitch to use for graphs for my crochet afghans. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to enlarge the pattern before I print it out.

Thanks!!!

Cheryl Martin
Go to Top of Page

irene

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  14:43:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could anyone please tell me how to use a photo and turn it into a crochet pattern using PCStitch. Thank you
Go to Top of Page

janquito

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  22:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could someone explain to me how to make my own crochet patterns. I am trying to put three to four pictures (scanned -insects from a book) and would like to put at least one sort of diagonal. When I clicked to paste from, the picture was so small! Is there a way to enlarge the picture? When I scanned it, it was bigger than when I paste it into the pattern. Help! I've got myself quite a headache right now. I have fibromyalgia and I'm having so much fibro fog that nothing is making sense.
I appreciate any help anyone is willing to give to me. I'm wanting to make a baby afghan for my upcoming grandbaby.

God gave me my hands, they are my life.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  22:59:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you scan a picture into PCStitch, you should have it tiny - it should have the same dimensions in pixels as you wish to do in stitches (of any kind). It should be 1 pixel/stitch!

Diane
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000