importing images
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dianna

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  11:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to create a personal project for my grad..
How do I import pictures from clip art and other places..

Ive been able to create from the existing library..but am unsure as to how to import pics other than what is in the exsisting library..
Thanks in advance for any and all help

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  12:34:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The method for starting the conversion of an image (any image) to a pattern is basically the same way it has always been.

For PCStitch 11, just use the Import/Export option. Select Import. The default is to load a picture from your computer. All you have to know is the format of the file (should be a graphics format, such as .jpg, gif, or .png as the most common), and where it is located.

Just select "browse" from that option and traverse your PC's storage to the folder and file you wish to convert.

From there, it's the standard selection of the picture, the size of the design and other options.

First recommendation -- if your picture is large -- either expect a very large pattern or shrink that picture using graphics software such as Paint or Irfanview. Your best results come from having one pixel of the image become one stitch in the pattern.

Most important recommendation -- be prepared to "tweak". A conversion of the image is just the first step. It never comes out just what you want -- wrong colors, confetti stitches, shading wrong are just the most common things that happen. To get what you really want, be prepared to play with what the software starts with.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000