change from bead to stitch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pearlgirl

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2023 :  13:17:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I want to add floss to my palette it comes up as bead. How do I change this?

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2023 :  15:17:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The floss palettes are just colors. There a few, such as Mill Hill that are beads. All the other items in the "Floss List" list are flosses. Even they can be stitched as beads. I think that may be what you are doing. When defining the stitch, use the list at the left - most often "Full Stitch", just under Selection Tool. The only one that is a bead is to the to the right of "Stitch Types" and it's a blue oval that looks like a side-view of a bead.

If you are not using that stitch type, you should not be seeing beads - regardless of what floss color you have defined.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

pearlgirl

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2023 :  16:25:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I add a new floss color to the palette in shows up as a bead. When I switch to full stitch and click on pattern, this is the window that pops up....The current palette entry (lavender - md) is a bead and can not be used to place stitches. To place stitches you must select a palette entry that is floss. How did I get to a bead floss list and how do I get out of it?
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2023 :  17:33:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How you got it as a bead, I have no idea. However, to change it to another floss list:

Open the "Available Colors" panel (usually on the left with an icon of a 3x3 grid of various colors. If you want it to say open, click on the "pin" in the upper right corner of the panel.

Then click on the down arrow to the right of the "Floss List". Scroll up and down through that list and select the manufacturer/type you want. The default is usually "DMC Stranded Cotton". That means it's DMC floss and the type is cotton. DMC, like many of the others, has a variety of floss types - including cotton, rayon, varigated ...

That should give you the ability to use stitches.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

pearlgirl

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2023 :  00:03:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FYI...didn't work
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2023 :  07:48:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is listed as the current "Floss List"?

Diane
Go to Top of Page

pearlgirl

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2023 :  14:26:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DMC Stranded Cotton
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2023 :  17:49:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You've got it set for DMC stranded cotton and it's insisting you need beads? What have you got set for the stitch type - It should be a stitch type - full, half, 1/4 or 3/4. What is highlighted (orange background with blue border). For now, despite what stitches you want, I suggest "Full Stitch".

If that is what is set with a floss palette of DMC Stranded cotton. I suggest you try uninstalling, rebooting the machine, and then re-installing it.

Diane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000