Combining stitch count when multiple symbols exist
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MakinBugBoxes

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2022 :  21:15:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When designing a chart, I often end up with multiple symbols assigned to a floss color number. This happens when I click on a symbol, then go to the palette and select a new floss color number then select replace the color for the selected symbol. No problem, PC Stitch lets you have more than one symbol assigned to a floss color number. But when the design phase is over, I want to (for example) collapse the stitch counts for three symbols each using 946. I don't see an obvious tool in Palette Tools for that. When I create the floss usage list (*.csv) it shows each symbol assigned to 946 and the total stitch count is correct. If I have symbols "1", "2", and "A" each using color 946 do I need to select "2", reassign it to "1" and do the same for "A"? That would give me 3 instances of symbol "1". Would PCStitch then add the stitch counts together for the *.csv document?

John Keebaugh

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2022 :  07:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all, whenever you choose a color that is already chosen, you are given a warning. Then you can just use the color you have without having multiple symbols.

Also, I never do the symbol first, I set the color and then choose the symbol.

All that being said, the solution is easy. First - make sure you sort your floss colors by color number - that way you have all the duplicates together. Then, in the floss palette, DRAG one of the duplicates over another one. You will get a pop-up dialog with a replace option. That changes all the color that have one symbol with the "top" symbol (the dragged floss). Keep doing that until you only have one symbol / color. There is no tool to do it all in one shot. The software would not know what symbol you want.

Note -- if you end up with the single symbol other than what you intended -- just go to Symbols and change it.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000