PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 11
 Combining stitch count when multiple symbols exist

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MakinBugBoxes Posted - 05/14/2022 : 21:15:40
When designing a chart, I often end up with multiple symbols assigned to a floss color number. This happens when I click on a symbol, then go to the palette and select a new floss color number then select replace the color for the selected symbol. No problem, PC Stitch lets you have more than one symbol assigned to a floss color number. But when the design phase is over, I want to (for example) collapse the stitch counts for three symbols each using 946. I don't see an obvious tool in Palette Tools for that. When I create the floss usage list (*.csv) it shows each symbol assigned to 946 and the total stitch count is correct. If I have symbols "1", "2", and "A" each using color 946 do I need to select "2", reassign it to "1" and do the same for "A"? That would give me 3 instances of symbol "1". Would PCStitch then add the stitch counts together for the *.csv document?

John Keebaugh
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 05/15/2022 : 07:58:35
First of all, whenever you choose a color that is already chosen, you are given a warning. Then you can just use the color you have without having multiple symbols.

Also, I never do the symbol first, I set the color and then choose the symbol.

All that being said, the solution is easy. First - make sure you sort your floss colors by color number - that way you have all the duplicates together. Then, in the floss palette, DRAG one of the duplicates over another one. You will get a pop-up dialog with a replace option. That changes all the color that have one symbol with the "top" symbol (the dragged floss). Keep doing that until you only have one symbol / color. There is no tool to do it all in one shot. The software would not know what symbol you want.

Note -- if you end up with the single symbol other than what you intended -- just go to Symbols and change it.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000