opening PAT file
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carolkrom

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2021 :  12:32:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using the unregistered PCStitch version 10 in order to evaluate the program.

PCStitch presents and error message when I attempt to open PAT file that was created in another program (Pattern Maker, which is no longer available).

Is there a way to convert these older files to a PAT that is compatible with PCStitch?

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2021 :  17:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The PAT files from Patternmaker are NOT compatible with any version of PCStitch. It was just an unfortunate choice of Patternmaker to use the same extension as PCStitch. They changed it later.

There used to be a product that would convert from one format to another but the company went out of business some years ago. The only way to do it now is manually - open in Patternmaker - use it as a pattern to create in PCStitch. Note - a registered version of PCSitch is needed.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

carolkrom

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2021 :  05:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your response. I will follow your advice.
Carol

quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair

The PAT files from Patternmaker are NOT compatible with any version of PCStitch. It was just an unfortunate choice of Patternmaker to use the same extension as PCStitch. They changed it later.

There used to be a product that would convert from one format to another but the company went out of business some years ago. The only way to do it now is manually - open in Patternmaker - use it as a pattern to create in PCStitch. Note - a registered version of PCSitch is needed.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000