PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 10
 opening PAT file

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carolkrom Posted - 05/12/2021 : 12:32:34
I am using the unregistered PCStitch version 10 in order to evaluate the program.

PCStitch presents and error message when I attempt to open PAT file that was created in another program (Pattern Maker, which is no longer available).

Is there a way to convert these older files to a PAT that is compatible with PCStitch?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
carolkrom Posted - 05/13/2021 : 05:59:59
Thank you for your response. I will follow your advice.
Carol

quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair

The PAT files from Patternmaker are NOT compatible with any version of PCStitch. It was just an unfortunate choice of Patternmaker to use the same extension as PCStitch. They changed it later.

There used to be a product that would convert from one format to another but the company went out of business some years ago. The only way to do it now is manually - open in Patternmaker - use it as a pattern to create in PCStitch. Note - a registered version of PCSitch is needed.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

Dragonlair Posted - 05/12/2021 : 17:41:20
The PAT files from Patternmaker are NOT compatible with any version of PCStitch. It was just an unfortunate choice of Patternmaker to use the same extension as PCStitch. They changed it later.

There used to be a product that would convert from one format to another but the company went out of business some years ago. The only way to do it now is manually - open in Patternmaker - use it as a pattern to create in PCStitch. Note - a registered version of PCSitch is needed.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000