Multicolor backstitch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DonSte

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2020 :  15:12:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm hoping somebody can tell me what I'm missing or if it is even possible to add multicolor backstitching to an existing pattern.

Some time ago I took a picture and made it into a pattern. The person doing the embroidery has now asked if I can add backstitching around the flowers, because it will really make them pop. What do I know? So I opened up the pattern and went to tools and clicked on multicolor backstitch. I get a funny looking square cursor that I can't seem to do anything with. I have been looking at some of the posts and have tried using the select cursor, selecting an area and then going to tools and multicolor backstitch. No difference that I can see.

I would expect some sort of an outline to be created somewhere. Help,what am I missing?

Steve Lynch

Dragonlair

USA
2850 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2020 :  15:49:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never used the auto-backstitch options. They seem to make the file larger. All you have to do is to select the backstitch tool, select a color and then click to start a backstitch and again to stop it. If you hold the ctrl button as you click the first one, you can "string" the backstitches of that color on to the next one. When you get to the end of that group of that color, just hit the right button to stop it. Then select another color and do it again!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

DonSte

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2021 :  08:05:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, thanks, I'll give a try

Steve Lynch
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic