Print
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

will2358

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  11:50:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I downloaded and registered PCStitch 9. When I clicked print I got an error message. "System Error: out of memory" Do you want to email this to PCStitch Technical Support"
I have 390 GB of memory left on this computer. When I clicked yes to email to PC stitch I get a message that it failed to connect to SMTP server.
Can anyone help?

Cynthia Williams

will2358

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  12:27:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A restart got rid of the print error. I still have the unregistered printing on my graph and the software has been registered. Is there something else that I must do to get rid of it?

Cynthia Williams
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  12:34:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For one thing - PCStitch 9 is very old! It hasn't been updated in over 7 years.

You do not say what operating system you are using. That is so old, I don't think it's rated any higher then Windows 7 at the outside. That means it may work on newer versions of windows or it may not.

Do you still have an option in your software for registration? If so, try registering again. If not, then try a reboot and then see if the print tag goes away.

If not, you'll have to use Contact Us. Please remember that this version is no longer supported. The current version is PCStitch 11.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

will2358

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  14:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am on Windows 7. I have contacted Jennifer and waiting for reply. I just hoped for a quick solution because I wanted to use it for a project. Jennifer is the person that sent me the link to download V9 and my registration key, as I bought it years ago. I actually just bought V11 on Ebay but it will take days before I get it. So I want to use 9 until I get it.

Cynthia Williams
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  15:12:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm assuming the version you bought on ebay is on CD. Otherwise, the registration key will be invalid.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

will2358

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2018 :  11:38:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a CD. I actually have download, unlocked and registered version 11 and I still have a problem with the print having unregistered on it. Another problem is I can not uninstall version 9 pro. I get and error message "InstallScript Setup has Stopped Working". I don't know what to do about this problem. It should uninstall. I have done another contact us email.

Cynthia Williams
Go to Top of Page

will2358

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2018 :  13:07:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I manage to uninstall 9 pro using Revo Uninstaller. It did not fix the unregistered problem. It is strange because when opening the program it shows registered to my name. I really need to use this software, and have used it in the pass with no problems.

Cynthia Williams
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2018 :  13:14:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cynthia,

If the printer issue (tagged as unregistered) is with PCStitch 11, then removing PCStitch 9 will have no effect. The two versions are, by default, installed into different folders. That's so they can be run side-by-side.

I suggest you contact Mark at mmiller@pcstitch.com and explain the problems with both programs. He's the one who can best help you.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

will2358

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2018 :  19:31:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should have wrote that I am doing a print to pdf and when I pull up the file it has unregistered on the pages. I am still waiting on a second reply from Mark.

Cynthia Williams

Edited by - will2358 on 09/15/2018 19:33:11
Go to Top of Page

will2358

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2018 :  12:29:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can close this one. I figured it out. it is not a problem with PCStich. it is my pdf printer. I have used it for a month now and did not know that I needed to pay for it after a month. Geeez! Thanks for you help Dragonlair.

Cynthia Williams
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2018 :  15:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cynthia,

I use Foxit as my PDF viewer rather than Adobe. It's got a built-in virtual printer to create pdfs. It's FREE -- and not as a trial. Just watch out for some of the charge features (such as Phantom) which does have a trial. It's got a smaller footprint than Adobe and it's pdf printer works better than Primo PDF. I got mad and flat refused to use Primo after it changed it's install to force install all sorts of garbage software. It was installing more as I was trying to remove the garbage.

Your day is not wasted. You learned something new.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

will2358

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2018 :  10:33:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using cutepdf, which is free. It was one of the pdf converter that I had downloaded and forgot I had. It was marking the pdfs because it's trial had expired.

Cynthia Williams
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000