9 Pro versus 11 Pro
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

will2358

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2018 :  14:14:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought PCStitch years ago. I think it was version 4. I want to upgrade, but I'm on a limited income. I have a chance to buy 9 pro for $13.00 and 11 pro for $37.00. I wanted to know if there is a big difference between 9 pro and 11 pro.

Cynthia Williams

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2018 :  15:40:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For one thing - many years! PCStitch 10 (even later than Pro 9), came out in 2012 and last updated in 2013. PCStitch 11 came out in 2016 and last updated a month or so ago (new floss colors at least).

Also - after PCStitch 9, there is no separate Standard or Pro versions -- there is only one version and it is the quality of Pro.

I don't have before PCStitch 10 still installed - I just go back the one version to try to help users. PCStitch 10 is rated to work through Windows 7 but is known to be able to work even on Windows 10 - although that is NOT guaranteed. PCStitch 11 is rated to work with Windows 10.

I'm not sure how many features have changed but just to be sure it works on the newer hardware is a good reason to go for the newer software. If you pay for the older and it doesn't work on the newer software, there is no support for that. If you pay for the newer and have problems, you are far more likely to get the problem fixed.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

will2358

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2018 :  17:02:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dragonlair! I went back to Windows 7 as I hate Windows 10 so V9 should work on my computer. I downloaded V11 to try. I went ahead and purchased the V9 pro and will compare it to the V11. It should still be a big upgrade from V4.

Cynthia Williams
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2018 :  17:43:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't imagine just how old V4 is. I'm surprised that it's even windows. I first started using PCStitch with version 7 and that was 2004. I did have a variation of a copy of version 6 that came with some of the "pattern piece library". I don't know when that was first available but that may indeed be a big difference between 9 and 11. The entire 12 volume "Pattern Piece Library" of motifs is not included at no extra charge. Those are normally about $10 each.

I just did some checking -- 9 came out in October of 2008 and last updated in June of 2011. PCStitch 10 came out in November of 2011 and last updated in February of 2013. PCStitch 11 last updated earlier this year.

I think I saw were you could get version 11 for $37 - from Amazon.com in CD format. That doesn't require a separate unlock key. It looks like it's about $50 via download from PCStitch itself.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

will2358

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2018 :  14:47:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dragonlair for the help.My sister says she might have the money to buy 11 for me. I want to try 9 pro first.

Cynthia Williams
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000