Saving a file or converting a file to pdf format
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ann Bilyeu

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2016 :  17:06:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to save a design file in pdf format? I'd like to share some of my designs with an artist friend for her feedback.

Thanks!

Dragonlair

USA
2850 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2016 :  20:06:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You cannot save a file in PDF format, it must be saved as a PAT file. However, converting to PDF is as easy as printing! Just use a virtual printer to do it. I use Foxit Reader as my PDF viewer and it has a conversion to PDF as just such a virtual printer. Just select the PDF "printer" from the list of printers, set your options the way you wish them to be printed and let it go! Voila! You have a PDF.

There are other pdf printers besides Foxit Reader. Adobe Reader has one, I believe and I know of PrimoPDF.

However, on a personal note, I do not recommend PrimoPDF. There is so much GARBAGE included in the install (totally unrelated products) that it is just unbelievable! It took me forever to clear out the garbage and some had to be removed more than once because it was installing garbage as you were uninstalling other garbage. Out of frustration and anger, I removed it from the other machine I had where I had been using it for years. Not only was the new product a cleaner install, it's FASTER!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000