re-installing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pkguist

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2016 :  13:37:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeh Bob! New Windows 10 likes my PCStitch. That was in January. Just noticed, my "Pieces" aren't there and can't remember how to load them. Stuck the CD in there and nothing happened.

What to do?
Anyone.
Thanks

pkguist

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2016 :  14:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmm. I have Pro. Did it come with all those libraries I have on CD?
Do I need to re install and maybe do something else?

2 weeks at Windows 10 did me in so I may have done something stupid.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2016 :  15:05:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PCStitch 10 comes with the 12 part "Pattern Library". It is a separate product (12 separate CDs) with earlier versions. Those CDs are so old that they are incredibly difficult to install now. In fact, I don't guarantee that the install procedure will even work. You may have to copy the pertinent files (if you can find them) to the correct libraries. I remember having all sorts of problems back with Windows ME, I think.

They may work better when downloaded from the site!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

pkguist

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2016 :  11:51:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well here sits all the Libraries. You said "They may work better when downloaded from the site!"
I can do that? Where. How?
Can't seam to find my Pro disk and wonder if it was a D/L, let alone my # on it to prove I bought it.
Love some answers not that I'm retires and want to do stuff.
Thanks
Pat in CO
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2016 :  12:51:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pat,

If you had to give a registration/unlock code, it was a download. I think the easy way to tell is when it loads, does it say "Registered to" with your name below it in the upper left corner of the splash screen? The CD version doesn't have the same kind of registration - it's automatically registered.

The real question is what version you have. You say "Pro". That could be 8, 9, or 10 with 10 being both pro or standard while 8 and 9 were separate variations. Only with 10, I think, does it come with the pattern piece libraries. If you have the others, it probably would be cheaper to upgrade to 10 and get them automatically than to pay for them individually from the site.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

pkguist

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2016 :  14:37:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Since I don't see my name there must be a cd around here some place. Ans the version is 9. Don't know that I can afford to upgrade to 10 as I just retired on a slim budget. I'll continue to clean out that mess in my craft room and see if I don't fall over it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000