Change color of symbols
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

srg_rector

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2014 :  11:40:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any way to change the color of a symbol? Dark blue thread color has a black symbol... very hard to read.

thanks! Sheri

Sheri

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2014 :  12:32:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely!

When you set the symbol -- look at the header information of the Symbol panel. There is "Symbol Color" listed. Just choose the color you want from that list.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

srg_rector

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2014 :  13:16:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried that and it changes ALL the symbols in the symbol choice chart, but does not change the specific symbol in the palette that I need changed.

Please give specific directions on how to change a single color block symbol in the palette.

Thank You!

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2014 :  15:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sheri,

Set your colors from the available colors panel. It will create default symbols for each one.

Open the symbol panel and click on the pin so it stays there and you can see it and your floss palette panel at the same time.

To make ONE color symbols a given color just follow this:

1: Select a color (click on it in the Floss Palette)
2: Select a symbol color
3: Select the symbol you want to use for that color.

To select other symbols/colors, repeat from step 1.

Each time you select a color for the floss, all the symbols show in that color. However, the only ones selected for change and to actually USE that color are the ones you specifically select.

To verify that the colors are ONLY for the symbols you selected, click to show stitches in symbol only (2nd option from left -- shows as a white star on pale background. Item to the left is a solid color to show stitches as blocks of color. Next item to right (star with dark background) is symbol on color background.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

srg_rector

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2014 :  22:15:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did what you listed and it DID change the color of the symbol when I was ONLY printing Symbols.

I need to set the color of the symbol to contrast the floss color since I print out color blocks and symbols.

Also it does not change the color of the symbol in the palette, nor on the screen when showing both color blocks and symbols.

Looking forward to your reply.
Sheri

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2014 :  22:43:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sheri,

I think it's only designed for that purpose. Since I rarely print in color (color ink is more expensive and the symbols are sufficient), I've not noticed that issue.

I suggest you contact Mark (you can email him from his profile on this board) with your concerns. He might have a solution.

Diane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000