Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 11
 Is it possible to fill in all the unused stitches?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jono

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  18:13:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like this:

https://i.imgur.com/uDirlaO.png

There's a lot of white stitches that aren't actually stitches scattered around the pattern, but technically part of the background, wondering how I can just replace them all with a white stitch.

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  20:09:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Use the "Paint" option. Set the active color to white, go to any spot in the background and "paint". It will fill it as much as it can. If there are stitches all the way to the outside, it will block and it will not fill "gaps" in the background so you may have to repeat the painting or add them separately.

However, why do you want to do it? You could just add in the instructions to either use white fabric or any "block" in the pattern without a symbol will use white floss.

In your example, you would have to manually add each of those stitches - do it all first and change all the other stitches.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

lokiofsassgaard

12 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2019 :  20:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair
However, why do you want to do it? You could just add in the instructions to either use white fabric or any "block" in the pattern without a symbol will use white floss.

I've sent tickets about this multiple times in the past, and never once got a response about it. I want white pixels to chart as white stitches because that's what the chart is supposed to do. Manually having to fill in the missing stitches is incredibly time consuming on large projects, and putting instructions to tell the user to just stitch missing stitches as 5200 looks so cheap and lazy, and doesn't reflect well on the creator at all.

There's no reason for white pixels to not chart as white floss. It's a lot easier to go the other direction for charts where those pixels are supposed to be blank by filling the background with a nonsense colour like bright green, and just deleting that colour from the chart on import. Why should the burden be the other way around in a way that makes it more difficult to work around?
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2019 :  07:35:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It comes down to the basic problem that the computer sees things differently than you do. An image that appears all white is not seen as all white by the computer. Each pixel is examined by the computer differently. The problem is compounded if the computer must examine a group of pixels (even all white) and come up with ONE color stitch for that group.

The second problem can be eased by making your image and your stitch count match so each pixel becomes a single stitch.

One possible solution is to have the program consider the fabric a given color that would force all pixels to become stitches. I suspect that isn't done because most stitchers don't want EVERY square in the fabric to be stitched and it it would probably slow down the conversion process tremendously.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000