new DMC floss colours
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sandyhands

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  18:54:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if there will be a software update to cater for the 16 new colours released by DMC this month? If so, when can we expect it?

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  20:03:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PCStitch doesn't seem to offer updates for this very often. However, the floss editor is available and can be used to add them yourself.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

sandyhands

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  03:13:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, thanks for that. I will check it out tomorrow. Maybe even delete some redundant colours...!
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  07:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Note -- if you change an existing palette, make a copy of it to preserve the original in case of a problem.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

profkathy

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  20:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two questions, Diane:

1. How do you copy the original DMC cotton palette?

2. How do you find the 6 values to enter the new colors? I've scanned one and opened it with various graphics programs, but can't find the values. Does DMC publish them somewhere? Do you just start with a color that's similar and tweak from there?

Thanks!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  21:10:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The question to answer 1 is normal windows. Find where the files are, find the one file, right click on it and select "copy". Move the mouse to an open spot of the same area, right click and select "paste". That will make an exact copy of the file so you can't lose it. Then go into PCStitch and work with the "real" one and not be afraid.

The question for number 2, I have NO idea!

Diane
Go to Top of Page

profkathy

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  21:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I figured out the 2nd one. On their website, DMC has a color card for the new colors showing where they fit with the old ones. For example, 3881 is between 470 and 471.

Go into the Floss Editor and choose one old color (say, 471). Highlight it and click Change Floss. In the new window, click Change Color. This will open the window with the values. Write them all down. Cancel your way back to the main Editor screen. Then do the same thing with the other old color (in this case, 470). Add each value and divide by 2 to get an approximation of the new floss color. In my example, the Hue values are 46 and 48, so Hue for new color 3881 is 47. Saturation is 100 and 83, so new one is 92. Do this for all 6 values. Then simply add the new floss using the calculated values.
Go to Top of Page

profkathy

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  22:06:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've calculated approximate values for all the new ones if anyone wants them. Just send me an email and I'll send you the Excel sheet.
Go to Top of Page

faekuhn

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2018 :  11:05:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by profkathy

I've calculated approximate values for all the new ones if anyone wants them. Just send me an email and I'll send you the Excel sheet.

hi Kathy...I know this is an OLD post and I hope you are still around..lol. But I was hoping you could send me the Excel sheet you are talking about in the this post and have you done the values for the new 35 colors DMC just released?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

n/a

1 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2018 :  13:29:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey there can you send me the excel sheet also D

Admin Note -- Edited to remove spam link. User has been removed for spamming.

Edited by - n/a on 10/07/2018 11:02:48
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2018 :  15:06:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Considering the post referring to the Excel spreadsheet is more than 4 1/2 years old, I don't think anybody should hold their breath waiting for a response.

Also, the newest update of PCStitch 11 has the codes for new DMC colors (I don't know about all of them).

A question came up the other day concerning the 16 colors that came out in 2013. They are ONLY available in the US, are not on the new DMC color cards, and are not available individually as far as I know. They are available as a set -- I found them on Amazon.com.

Diane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000