color
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lisak

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  17:29:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
could someone please help me. i have a black and white picture ive got everything figured out size and all but i cannot correct the color. how can i fix this please help thanks

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  20:32:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lisak,

There are only a limited number of grays. Also, the computer sees the color differently than your eye does. You will always get some grayish yellow, grayish pink, grayish blue ... when you convert a photo to a pattern. The best you can do if you do not want the other colors is to choose a gray of a tone you want and do a global change of the unwanted color to the wanted color.

If you keep the total number of colors small, you can minimize this. Also keep your photo simple with a minimal background.

There may be one way to eliminate it. I believe you can tell the program what palette to use. Have one set to only white, black and grays and only allow it to use that. You may not get what you want that way but at least you wouldn't have the other colors.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

lisak

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  08:54:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what is a global change? how do you do it? thanks
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  12:16:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use Pro on a regular basis and had to check how to do it in Standard.

Just click on Tools. Then select Palette Tools > Palette Window. Select the color you wish to change. On the right side is replace option. There you can select to replace all (global) or within a selected window (you have to select the window before you click on tools). You can also select to preview the change. Select the new color and it changes every instance of the color you first marked to the new color.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000