downloads show as Corel Draw ...arrgh
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evastitcher

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  09:30:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I'm going crazy!! I've been downloading patterns for a while now and just recently, my files show up as CorelDraw12.0 graphic files. I had been using either Pattern Viewer or Adobe Reader to open and save files. Can you help me change the default so it doesn't use CorelDraw, please?
(I also have Firefox as the browser, maybe that is the problem?)
Thanks for trying to sort this out with me.

Eva

Eva

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  10:05:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The easiest way to re-define what is used as the default program to open a file is to do the following:

• Right Click on the file you wish to open

• Click on Open With from the menu given

• Make sure the "Use as Default" option is selected

• Select your program from the list.
    If the program you want is not shown, then use the browse option to point to the exact executable program

In some cases, the icon you see is a little strange. If that happens, try the selection above but use the browse option to select the executable even if the program is in the given list. Don't ask me why that works, I just know it does.

This can be done for any program and any file! If you want to open a program and the option is not in the first "open with" list and you do not want to have it the default, make sure the default button is NOT checked.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Evastitcher

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  14:04:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your help. I did that and now at least I can open and print the charts. I spent all morning putting them all in a binder so if something goes wrong with my computer, (fingers crossed) I won't lose them all. I still get a funny error message so I have to open these charts by switching to Pattern Viewer from PC Stitch Pro but I think I need an expert to come look at my machine one of these days.

Eva
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000