Importing Graphic JPG to PC Stitch color corruptio
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TCarlucci

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2024 :  11:36:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I have a graphic PDF I am importing into PCstitch 11.
Once I import it, the colors change completely. The picture I want to cover is on a white background with grays and pinks, and pc stitch shows it as soon as I import it as black background with primary colors.

What am I doing incorrectly.

Thanks

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2024 :  12:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First, I moved this post to the appropriate topic.

Now, importing into PCStitch is designed to be done with JPG files, not PDF. The formats are definitely not the same. Convert your image to a true JPG and try again.

Also, importing is not as straightforward as some thing. For one thing, the computer sees color differently than you do. It does it strictly on the characteristics of the pixels.

This means that the simpler AND SMALLER your image, the better conversion to PCStitch you will see. The larger the image, the more likely that PCStitch must merge multiple pixels into a single stitch. The best conversions are done with tiny images that are the same dimensions in pixels as your pattern will be in stitches.

Another issue is the complexity of the image. The more detailed, the more difficult, and blurry, you'll find the conversion. There are only so many shades of any one color so if you need a lot of reds, there may not be enough shades to fit. I once did one that was black and white and some purples and yellows because there weren't enough grays of the shade family I needed.

The final issue is that what you see on import is JUST the first step. You need to be prepared to spend hours TWEAKING the image to get the pattern you want. Things like blending, confetti stitches, and special stitches must be done by what you see and what you want. The best imports don't look like imports and stitch up beautifully!

Good Luck,

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000