registration key won't stick
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SandraP

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2023 :  18:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello - I just purchased the latest copy of PC Stitch a couple of weeks ago. Last weekend I spent several hours making a pattern, and when I went to save it, it asked me to unlock it. I did, using the key I was given and it said it was good to go. Then I tried to save again, and kept getting the same message. I must have typed my key in 10 times and it would still not stay unlocked.

I sent a message to PC Stitch about it and a week later, still haven't heard anything back. Sadly, over night my computer updated and I lost my whole pattern. Needless to say I'm pretty upset about that. I never did hear back from them. Has anyone else had this problem? I am on Windows 11 and after the restart I tried to unlock it again and it still won't keep.

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2023 :  20:09:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PCStitch 11 is not new. It was set to be used by Windows 10. I have no idea about windows 11. I suggest you contact Mark at mmiller@pcstitch.com for help. He is the one who can help this problem.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Ninny16

France
5 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2023 :  09:54:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I bought in 2020 the PCStitch 11 software paid via Paypal.

All of a sudden, it is impossible for me to save a project I created. I am asked to enter my contact information and the unlocking key that was provided to me by email after my purchase.

I enter this and validate. I go back to register and again I am asked for the same procedure... I tried about ten times.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times.

But nothing happens, the problem persists: impossible to register, to export etc.

Should I ask for a refund via Paypal since I have sent 3 messages to you and to the support service of the PCstitch 11 website. To date, I have not received any answer from either side...... And moreover, the software I bought no longer works....

I am desperate

I hope that this time I will get a solution to this problem.
Sincerely
Annie LARROUSSE

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

ninny16
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2023 :  10:11:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ninny16,

I suggest you do the same as I suggested to SandraP a couple of weeks ago. Send an email to Mark at mmiller@pcstitch.com for help. You are more likely to get help from him than from the general help email from what I have seen over the years.

I also suggest you try one thing that I forgot to suggest to SandraP - try uninstalling again (with a reboot after the uninstall). When you re-install, re-install in ADMIN mode! That may make a difference.

I have PCStitch 11 installed on a laptop that was upgraded from 10 to 11 and it seems fine. I have no idea about a fresh install of the product on a device already running Win 11.

I hope you can translate this back to your language -- your post didn't state the original language.

Good Luck,

Diane
Go to Top of Page

Ninny16

France
5 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2023 :  06:34:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merci pour la réponse. Mais je suis sous windows10 et non windows 11.
Je vais essayer de désinstaller et réinstaller en suivant vos instructions en mode ADMIN.

Quant à l'adresse e-mail de mmiller@pcstitch.com, j'ai beau lui adressé des messages d'aide (3), mais il ne répond pas.

Donc il ne faudrait plus indiquer cet email ou en fournir un autre mais où la personne répondra...
cordialement

TRANSLATE in ENGLISH :

Thanks for the answer. But I am under windows10 and not windows 11.
I will try to uninstall and reinstall following your instructions in ADMIN mode.

As for the email address of mmiller@pcstitch.com, I have sent him help messages (3), but he does not answer.

So I should not indicate this email anymore or provide another one where the person will answer...
Sincerely

ninny16
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2023 :  07:48:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ninny16,

I have never had a problem with that address and Mark has told me to give it out for help. I don't know what's wrong but I did contact him with the basic issue you and SandraP have indicated.

I have been running it fairly heavily recently on my Win 10 and have not had an issue. Mark is the only one that I know who can address the issue.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2023 :  12:46:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninny16

TRANSLATE in ENGLISH :

Thanks for the answer. But I am under windows10 and not windows 11.
I will try to uninstall and reinstall following your instructions in ADMIN mode.

As for the email address of mmiller@pcstitch.com, I have sent him help messages (3), but he does not answer.

So I should not indicate this email anymore or provide another one where the person will answer...
Sincerely

ninny16

Ninny16,

I have been in contact with Mark. The email is still valid. I don't know why he has not responded. Maybe your message got lost in the spam folder.

I did get an idea as to what is wrong but not how to fix it! The problem apparently is the method to contact the site from your software is outdated. The site has been updated and it's not working properly. I did ask, for you and for SandraP, what can be done and if a fix is in the making.

From what Mark said, this might be a problem for any user who gets a new PC and wants to use it with the new setup.

One question - is your copy of PCStitch a download or a CD? This may be something with the CD and not the downloaded version.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

Ninny16

France
5 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2023 :  19:00:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonjour,
J'ai utilisé le téléchargement sur le site de PCStitch.com
Je n'ai pas de CD.

Mais s'il en existe un, combien ôûte-t-il, sachant que j'ai déjà acheté l'application. En théorie je ne devrais payer que les frais de port ??

Pour info : ce dénommé Mark avec l'adresse e-mail : mmiller@pcstitch.com n'a toujours pas répondu à mes messages ni obenu d'aide.....
Merci

ninny16
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2023 :  20:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ninny16,

I have checked with Mark. He said the problem is only on some systems and is often resolved by right-clicking on the PCStitch shortcut icon and selecting to run as Administrator. In that situation, the registration is often saved where it is not otherwise.

The email is correct and he has confirmed with me to continue with it.

The problem is partially with the internet and the switch from http to https.

Since it does not occur with everybody, there's not much they can do.

As for the CD version of the software, I did see it on Amazon for just under $40. How that compares and what you can do with what you have, I don't know. I'm just answering the question. What the Amazon version means by "Mult-colored 19.3", I have absolutely NO idea.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

Ninny16

France
5 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2023 :  09:02:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonjour,
J'ai peut-être trouvé la solution en rapport avec la clé de déverrouillage et du fait qu'on arrive pas à l'activer pour profiter pleinement de toutes les fonctionnalités de l'application.

TUTO EN PAS PAS : Il faut : 2 CAS possibles :
Ouvrir les propriétés de l'application (PCStitch 11).
Cliquer sur onglet sécurité.

1ER CAS : Vérifier si dans les noms de groupe ou d'utilisateurs apparait l'administrateur (du PC). S'il s'y trouve, clic dessus et vérifier les autorisations cochées pour utilisateurs authentifiés. Si elles sont partielles ou pas du tout, il faut les cocher.
Donc clic sur l'onglet modifier. Clic sur le nom d'utilisateur.
Et dans autorisation pour utilisateurs... cocher la case contrôle total et appliquer puis OK
Donc
** soit les cases sont décochées. Dans ce cas il faut cliquer sur ajouter puis les cocher

2EME CAS ** soit l'administrateur n'apparait pas dans la liste des noms de groupes ou d'utilisateurs et il faut donc l'ajouter à cette liste....

Pour ce faire, il faut cliquer sur l'onglet Avancé Une fenêtre s'ouvre. Clic sur modifier.

Une autre fenêtre s'ouvre. Il faut cliquer sur le bouton avancé...
Il faut clic sur le bouton Rechercher.
S'affiche une liste des résultats de la recherche.
Trouver celle qui correspond à administrateur par exemple et cli sur OK. La fenêtre se ferme. une autre s'ouvre, et clic OK.

Une autre fenêtre s'ouvre. Cette fois-ci apparait dans la liste des entrées autorisée : administrateur.... (qu'on a ajouté juste avant).
On clic dessus puis on clic sur le bouton Ajouter puis clic sur les cases (autorisations de bases). Clic sur OK. Clic sur Appliquer, puis OK. Une autre fenêtre s'ouvre (celle du départ après avoir clic sur l'onglet Sécurité) et là clic sur OK.

Voilà on vient d'ajouter un nom d'utilisateur (de son choix) et on lui a accordé les autorisations (contrôle total). En principe maintenant on peut utiliser toutes les fonctionnalités du logiciel car autorisé maintenant par l'administrateur du PC ou autre et en théorie, la clé devrait définitivement s'activer.

Tuto un peu long mais pas simple à décrire en pas à pas. J'espère qu'il vous sera utile... Pour moi, cela à marcher de redistribuer les autorisations notamment a celle de l'administrateur de mon PC ( donc Moi)
Merci

ninny16
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2023 :  09:08:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you. For others who have seen this issue, but don't know French. Here is a Google Translate translation of your post:

Good morning,
I may have found the solution in relation to the unlock key and the fact that we can't activate it to take full advantage of all the features of the application.

TUTORIAL IN STEPS: You need: 2 possible CASES:
Open application properties (PCStitch 11).
Click on Security tab.

1ST CASE: Check if in the group or user names appears the administrator (of the PC). If it is there, click on it and check the permissions checked for authenticated users. If they are partial or not at all, they must be ticked.
So click on the edit tab. Click on the username.
And in authorization for users... check the box full control and apply then OK
SO
** or the boxes are unchecked. In this case, you must click on add and then check them

2ND CASE ** either the administrator does not appear in the list of group or user names and must therefore be added to this list....

To do this, click on the Advanced tab. A window opens. Click on edit.

Another window opens. Click on the advanced button...
You have to click on the Search button.
A list of search results appears.
Find the one that corresponds to administrator for example and click on OK. The window closes. another opens, and click OK.

Another window opens. This time appears in the list of authorized entries: administrator.... (which we added just before).
We click on it then we click on the Add button then click on the boxes (basic authorizations). Click OK. Click on Apply, then OK. Another window opens (the one from the start after clicking on the Security tab) and there click on OK.

Here we have just added a user name (of his choice) and we have granted him permissions (full control). In principle now we can use all the features of the software because authorized now by the administrator of the PC or other and in theory, the key should definitely activate.

Tutorial a bit long but not easy to describe step by step. I hope it will be useful to you... For me, it works to redistribute the authorizations in particular to that of the administrator of my PC (so Me)
THANKS

ninny16

Diane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000