Printed pattern
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LavonB

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2022 :  10:17:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do I adjust the size of the pattern. When its printed I would like the pattern grid larger so its easier to read. I think I did it once before but for the life of me I cannot remember

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2022 :  10:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the Print/Preview dialog window:

Sizing Options on the left.

Click to specify the number of stitches/inch to be printed. It will affect the number of pages to be printed.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Mimi67

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2022 :  12:14:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi There -- may I suggest a solution that has worked wonders for me?

Experiencing difficulty in accurately reading a printed pattern, I stumbled on the perfect solution:

Print off your pattern in the .pdf format, and save to the Cloud (Adobe or any other application) which will enable you to not only read the
pattern clearly, but can expand as needed to make it even clearer. I have done this for years, and keep all patterns created on PC Stitch on both my iPhone, iPad Mini, and latest iPad Pro. Eliminates paper, and is always with me!

Happy Stitching!!

Robbie Anderson
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2022 :  12:45:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Robbie,

That procedure works fine. There is only one problem with using PDFs as opposed to PAT files. PAT files are coded representations of the stitches and therefore are immune to the blurring effect that is inevitable with zooming images. Since PAT files are not available for the devices you mentioned, PDF is the best that can be done.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

FunFractals

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2022 :  04:18:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair

Robbie,

That procedure works fine. There is only one problem with using PDFs as opposed to PAT files. PAT files are coded representations of the stitches and therefore are immune to the blurring effect that is inevitable with zooming images. Since PAT files are not available for the devices you mentioned, PDF is the best that can be done.

Diane

With the use of UTM software you can run Windows on your Apple PCs regardless of their form (towers, laptops, tablets, smart phones). Then you're able to run any Windows programs you like and all their associated files including PC Stitch and its .PAT files. You can use the article link below to learn more about it.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/43045832

I hope this helps,

FunFractals

https://www.patreon.com/FunFractals

Home to over 7,640 Cross Stitch .PDFs

(Free Try Before You Buy Samples)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/60113065
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: