row count
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vicki518

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2022 :  18:11:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how do I get the row count and column counts instead of the rulers displayed?

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2022 :  20:32:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simple - options. Check them out; there may be more that want to change to fit your way of doing things.

Click on Options (under Home) and then Default Pattern Settings.

The display then shows the default options - stitch by (either inches or stitches), the default starting size of a new pattern (you change for each pattern as needed), the default count of the design (default is 14 and the checkmark for square grid is set), and the default color.

By default, the software assumes a square grid but if that is not so, you can change it by unclicking the option and giving both horizontal and vertical count.

All of the options can be changed pattern by pattern but this is what is "assumed" when you click for a new pattern.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

vicki518

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2022 :  23:30:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm meaning as I'm designing how do I see the numbers (of boxes) not the ruler ??
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2022 :  07:59:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. When you hover over any box, that box's position is listed (relative to the top left corner) is shown at the bottom of the window (along with the color code of the current floss color).

Other than that, I don't know what you want.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Bluestocking

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2024 :  00:43:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Home --> Options --> Design Screen [Default Design Screen Settings] --> Rulers Unit of Measure. Change this (on the drop-down menu) from “System Default” to “Numbers”. This will display line numbers (by tens) instead of the ruler.

I have version 11.

I came to the forum with the same question as vicki518. I want the design screen to show the line numbers the same as the printed chart does -- not the ruler, which is the default. Diane's answer got me most of the way ;)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000