Opinion of Patterns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

will2358

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2018 :  15:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like some critics on 3 of my patterns. The first 3 patterns that show in the online patterns in PC Stitch are my Patterns. Can someone download and critic them for me.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DMSAgSWg1yJQ8rvk6WX7ql5jJ1_Rd9-i/view?usp=sharing

Cynthia Williams

Edited by - will2358 on 11/03/2018 15:38:43

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2018 :  20:55:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cynthia,

I downloaded and looked at your images. They are not bad and very complex. However, they could use some "tweaking", especially the first one. There are a lot of confetti stitches and the colors don't go smoothly to match the overall designs. For example, there are too many colors for each of the straight lines as well as the curves. The computer sees the colors differently and you often have to reduce the number of colors originally chosen and change colors to make the lines LOOK better after the initial conversion. That is "tweaking".

It can be very time consuming. I once took hours on what was a simple cartoon design because of that issue -- simple black lines weren't "simple" on initial input. There were a lot of shades of gray and confetti stitches includes.

I once did a design that was black and white and ended up with some yellow in shaded areas because there weren't enough shades of gray available. That is the issue.

I think with a bit more work, your "not bad" designs can be absolutely stunning -- especially that mandala one at the start. I love those kinds of designs.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

will2358

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2018 :  12:55:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks dragonlair! I will do some tweaking.

Cynthia Williams
Go to Top of Page

will2358

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2018 :  13:44:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was able to edit down from 50 to 30 floss. I'm afraid if I edit any more it would look horrible. I left the other one there.

Cynthia Williams

Edited by - will2358 on 11/06/2018 13:45:16
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2018 :  13:57:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any time I do tweaking, I save the base (original - raw conversion) as just that - a base. If I don't like how it's going, I'll scrap it and start over. That way I don't have to REALLY start over.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000