Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Topics
 Cross Stitch in General
 Are you a nifty PCStitch pattern producer?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrxstitch

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  20:20:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This might be a bit of a random request but I thought I'd have a go anyway.

I produce a cross stitch magazine called XStitch. It's a modern magazine and each issue contains 15 patterns from designers from around the world, who respond to the theme of the issue.
The magazine is quarterly and one of the challenges is getting the designs to the format I'd like for putting into the magazine.
Many of the designers use MacStitch and other software and it doesn't have the flexibility of PCStitch, so I end up having to reproduce their patterns in PCStitch so I can export them the way I like them.

I'm wondering if there are any PCStitch power users on here who might be willing to help me with this task? I have one helper already but I am trying to spread the load.
In essence it would involve getting PDFs of designs from me, and then reproducing them in PCStitch. It's quite an enjoyable process - like cross stitching, as you end up building the design stitch by stitch, albeit virtually - but it can take a bit of time, which is something I have not a lot of.

If you'd be interested in helping, I can offer interesting designs to tempt you, as well as a free copy of the magazine (which would have your name in the credits) in exchange for your efforts.

If you want to see more about the magazine visit xstitchmag.com or find us on social media. It's been really well received and is somewhat of a breath of fresh air in the cross stitch magazine market.

If you're interested, please email me at mrx@mrxstitch.com and we can talk some more.

Thanks for your time!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000