Indian designs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Priyadarshini

India
1 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  02:08:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have ready stitched Indian specific designs like Indian beauty, different dieties.

since these are very intricate need help in creating clearer images what adjustments do i need to make if it is a high resolution picture

Priyadarshini

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  07:36:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PCStitch, along with other similar products, is not designed for true high resolution unless you are wanting to make a very big project.

It has always been recommended that your image be simple, the more complex, the harder the conversion to stitching is with the limitations of floss colors and stitches. There is some inevitable blockiness from stitches because each individual stitch is a "block".

The recommendation I have always made is to make your image tiny! Have it the same length and width in pixels as the desired pattern will be in stitches. Try to have ONE pixel = ONE stitch. That way, there is less confusion for the software as to what color to make each stitch because it's not trying to merge multiple pixels with multiple colors into a single stitch.

Also note that the computer sees color and shading different than you do. You may see a straight, sharp-edged line but the computer will see a straight line but blurred along the edges. There are always confetti stitches and shadings that need to be resolved by the designer later. That is the "tweaking" phase.

The key thing to remember -- this software does NOT give you a final design. It's not intended to do that. It's a start, a "first-cut" at a design. You take over to make it the pattern you want. It's up to you to remove the confetti stitches, change colors you don't like, add special stitches (if desired) and so forth. This is the most important phase of the project.

I hope these tips help.

Good Luck,

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

FunFractals

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2022 :  05:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Priyadarshini

I have ready stitched Indian specific designs like Indian beauty, different dieties.

since these are very intricate need help in creating clearer images what adjustments do i need to make if it is a high resolution picture

Priyadarshini

If you're still on the forum how did your pattern(s) turn out? I've made highly detailed cross stitch patterns from my fractals. it isn't impossible. But it may feel that way if your PC is trying to convert an image greater than 4,000x4,000 pixels using this software.

Stay amazing,

FunFractals

https://www.patreon.com/FunFractals

Home to over 7,640 Cross Stitch .PDFs

(Free Try Before You Buy Samples)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/60113065
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page