Converting to pdf
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Charlotte Claringbold

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2016 :  12:30:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I have brought the new pcstitch 11 version and love it, for the most part it's very easy to use but I'm struggling with converting a pattern into a pdf file. I downloaded primopdf and I either click to save as symbols or symbols and blocks and then in the preview it looks fine but when I save the file and go into the pdf the symbol chart has just a blank grid and the symbol and block chart is block colours only. How can I correct this please?

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2016 :  15:20:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To use a virtual printer, such as PrimoPDF or Foxit Reader (my current favorite), you need to PRINT to the product. How the pattern is saved is not the issue, it's how it's printed. You need to define the style of stitch display to use on the print dialog and your PDF will match.

Note -- I do not personally recommend PrimoPDF at this time. I did, at one time, use it as my PDF creator but removed it from all my machines when I tried to put it on my new laptop. There was so much garbage along with the install that some items were removed from my machine multiple times as it was re-installing some products as I was removing others! I ended up doing a system restore to an earlier date to get rid of all the garbage. It was a good product and it may be again if they have removed all the garbage. However, Foxit Reader's PDF creator is far faster!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Charlotte Claringbold

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2016 :  16:41:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dragonlair thank you very much for your help. With primopdf I was doing exactly what you said and defining within the print section how I wanted my stitches but it never worked. I just downloaded the free version of foxit reader (there seems to be a confusing amount to choose from) and hey presto it worked fine :)
Thank you again xx
Go to Top of Page

Montse

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2016 :  07:54:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Charlotte Claringbold,
What I do is,I go to print, then it gives me printers options and there is one that it's name Microsoft print to PDF, select that one and press print, it will convert it to PDF

Montse
Go to Top of Page

Connie333

3 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2017 :  12:40:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Montse

Hi Charlotte Claringbold,
What I do is,I go to print, then it gives me printers options and there is one that it's name Microsoft print to PDF, select that one and press print, it will convert it to PDF

Montse

THANK YOU!!!! That worked great!

Connie Hanson
Go to Top of Page

kristyz

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2023 :  05:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a older Grama. I am brain dead when it comes to computer things. I have designed a bunch of PC stitch bookmark patterns that I want to share but I don't understand an iota of what to do when I go to the Foxit virtual thing/page. I have PC stitch 11. Is there somewhere I can go to walk me through how to download and use foxit with my patterns? THANK YOU! Kristy

x
Go to Top of Page

kristyz

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2023 :  05:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never mind! I think I found something my kids can walk me through! Thank you. Kristy

x
Go to Top of Page

FunFractals

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2024 :  12:29:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kristyz

Never mind! I think I found something my kids can walk me through! Thank you. Kristy

x

You already have Print to PDF built into Windows. It works just fine. I've used it without issue for the thousands of fractal cross stitch patterns I've made.

https://www.patreon.com/FunFractals

Home to over 7,640 Cross Stitch .PDFs

(Free Try Before You Buy Samples)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/60113065
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2024 :  12:46:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many users have had problems using Windows Print to PDF. It has been known to lock up the print option completely. That is why I use Foxit rather than Windows on ANY product that allows PDF creation in this manner.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000