PCStitch Standard
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maestro2711

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2014 :  12:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have PC Stitch 9 Std. What is the advantage to go to 10 Pro? Did not know there was a Pro version until a few minutes ago. I have a pattern that I want to create in PCS and I am going to modify it as I go. None of the tutorials that I have found show how to create from scratch. Create a sysbol list with the DMC number next to it, etc. I can drop a symbol into the chart but seem to have no control over it the color applied to it and have no idea where the sysbol is shown with the color. If there is something out there that will explain how to get started I would appreciate knowing about it. Would the 10 Pro version give me more??

Thanks for any help you can give this newbie.

maestro2711

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2014 :  12:24:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is maestro2711. update to message, I am using PC Stitch 9 Pro
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2014 :  15:14:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all, there is no "Pro" to PCStitch 10. It is both standard and pro in one version.

To create a pattern from scratch -- you simply create a "new" grid, give the size and count you want and start putting in stitches! That's really all there is to it.

Some of the differences between 9 and 10 is the inclusion of a much greater number of motifs and alphabets to add to your own patterns. The entire 12 volume Pattern Pieces Library (available for $9.95 each the last I heard) is now part of the product at no extra charge. That includes hundreds of patterns and alphabet groups for probably thousands of actual motifs!

Also, there is a library that can be accessed only through PCStitch 10 that you can use to "donate" your own patterns so others can download and use. It's totally voluntary and totally free!

What additional actual features, I cannot say even though I have used every version of PCStitch starting from version 7. They kind of blur in my mind after 10 years.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000