using pcstitch for graph afghans
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rinkysue

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2013 :  21:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have read through the prior messages about using the program for graph afghans. Im just a bit confused on figuring out my pixel/stitch. Do i get that by changing it in the preferences to stitches or do i need to convert it to a bitmap image and then vout it out? Thank you for the help

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2013 :  22:05:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're talking about importing an image to MAKE an afghan pattern, I'm not sure you can do that easily. Crochet/knitting don't work with the stitching and pixels nicely.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

madriverk

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  14:29:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have made several crocheted afghans. I am now using PCStitch 10 with great success. the key is to keep the design simple. you will not get the fine detail that you can with a cross stitched picture.
Betty
Go to Top of Page

Becky Kuczynski

2 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2018 :  15:08:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by madriverk

I have made several crocheted afghans. I am now using PCStitch 10 with great success. the key is to keep the design simple. you will not get the fine detail that you can with a cross stitched picture.
Betty

Can you tell me how to use this program to make a pattern from a picture? For instance a teddy bear.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2018 :  16:13:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suggest you follow the tutorial on that idea. It's just importing an image and specifying to create a pattern using the wide variety of parameters.

Remember to keep your image simple and SMALL. You should try to make it one stitch = one pixel so your image may look tiny but when converted to stitches, it would be one stitch to one pixel so there would be less conversion or trying to work out multiple pixels to a single stitch.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000