WOW, How Time Flies!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  22:14:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was answering an email from a user today and stopped to think -- I've been using PCStitch for over 9 years now!

I was introduced to the product (version 7) through Ellen Maurer-Stroh of the EMS board (where I am also an admin but was just a super-mod way back then) and just continued.

I have used all versions since then as well as all other M&R Tech products.

Some of the old ones don't install that well anymore with the newer operating systems and Pattern Viewer doesn't accept the newer PCStitch formats but I still have them!

This is been a busy 9 years but a fun 9 years. I even gave PCStitch 10 a very nice review on Amazon.com where version 10 is available in CD format.

I've seen a limited version of PCStitch 6 and seen some patterns from version 5. However, I've never seen anything before version 5. Does anybody have any information on those dinosaur versions of PCStitch? Which were DOS only and which were DOS 3.1? Even which were only 16 bit versions (and therefore will NOT run under a 64 bit OS)?

Time flies when you're having fun!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

Kimmee

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2013 :  14:11:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats! I've had 2 versions I believe and love the software, now if I can just get some patterns finished :)

quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair

I was answering an email from a user today and stopped to think -- I've been using PCStitch for over 9 years now!

I was introduced to the product (version 7) through Ellen Maurer-Stroh of the EMS board (where I am also an admin but was just a super-mod way back then) and just continued.

I have used all versions since then as well as all other M&R Tech products.

Some of the old ones don't install that well anymore with the newer operating systems and Pattern Viewer doesn't accept the newer PCStitch formats but I still have them!

This is been a busy 9 years but a fun 9 years. I even gave PCStitch 10 a very nice review on Amazon.com where version 10 is available in CD format.

I've seen a limited version of PCStitch 6 and seen some patterns from version 5. However, I've never seen anything before version 5. Does anybody have any information on those dinosaur versions of PCStitch? Which were DOS only and which were DOS 3.1? Even which were only 16 bit versions (and therefore will NOT run under a 64 bit OS)?

Time flies when you're having fun!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

Austin Texas Web and Graphic Design
www.kismet-designs.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000