Backstitching in pattern
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ginkgo100

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  21:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just bought PC Stitch 10 and have created a few patterns. I cannot figure out how to make different colors of backstitching look different in the printed pattern. There are options in the Print window for "Print lines as," but none of these options make the pattern print with different line styles. There's an option to make them appear full color, but my printer is black and white. "Symbol color with line styles" and "Symbol color without styles" both result in ordinary black lines for all colors of backstitching. Is there a way to do what I need to do? I'm very frustrated as this seems like a basic and important function.

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  07:48:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You must select the "line styes" for the backstitch for the pattern itself, not just at print time. If not the only "style" it knows is solid line. If you have them defined with the different styles (I think 6 are available), then if specified to print that way, they will.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

ginkgo100

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  12:23:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you! I found where to do this by selecting the backstitches. Do I have to do this manually for each stitch, though?
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  12:30:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just for each color. If I remember right, you define a style for each color and that will do for all backstitches in that color. That should be easy to test.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

ginkgo100

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  12:50:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you... but I cannot find where a line style can be defined for a color. Can you help me with that?
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  15:12:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I KNEW you could do it but I had to do some checking.

If you want a color to have all it's backstitching in a given style, right click on it in the floss palette (normally at the bottom -- the colors you are using). In the floss properties, you can select the style of the backstitching. Just click on Backstitch Style (in first section) and then select the style you want from the drop-down menu.

My printer uses color and I generally find the styles distracting so I don't personally use it that much. However, I have tested it so I was pretty sure it could be done. I did resort to "Help" and it did give the answer.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

ginkgo100

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  22:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much! I still had a hard time finding it but finally I spotted where it was. Not sure how I overlooked it as I had already been using that window to select the number of strands.
Go to Top of Page

Gina66

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  02:25:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is old, but I needed this answer tonight.
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000