PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch Pro
 Auto Backstitch

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cfaytay6212 Posted - 07/05/2022 : 09:33:41
I'm trying to figure out how to auto backstitch larger areas, but nothing is happening. The single color works, but nothing on the multiple. I'm not sure if I'm not waiting long enough, and I can't find it in tutorials, and can't find a place to do a search in the forum. Thanks for any help!

Cheryl Taylor
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 07/05/2022 : 15:26:41
OK, I don't use the auto-backstitch because it creates stitches of one stitch length. Even though it is more accurate for the floss usage, it's a pain so I just make LONG stitches where I can and know it means a lot of little ones.

I did some checking. If you use the multi-color auto-backstitch, you choose a color, click on an area and wherever that block of stitches is not broken (a diagonal is a break), it encloses the area with backstitches of that color. The colors within the "block" do not have to be the same color.

If you use the single color backstitch, then ONLY the "sub-block" of the blocked area that is the color which you click on to start the backstitch is enclosed in backstitching of the active color.

Note - the active color and the color you point to in the pattern do not have to be the same. You can backstitch in red around a green area, for example. For the multiple color auto-backstitch, the color change areas are not backstitched, only the entire block.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000