PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 11
 Pdf editing in PCStitch 11

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Oldoaksfarm Posted - 06/20/2021 : 18:26:38
Can anyone help me with resolving issues where I can edit pdf content? For example, the chart, etc. is fine…but the information on next instructional sheet should be better if it was all on one page. I tried doing the Adobe software but two reasons for not moving forward… $15 per month and before I could use trial —the invasive nature was over the top in my opinion. Would appreciate suggestions. Thank you!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FunFractals Posted - 05/16/2022 : 07:18:47
Here is another way of doing this. Copy and paste the text to whatever word processing software you use. Such as Word pad, note pad, Open Office, etc. Make your edits and then print to virtual .PDF printer found in MS Windows. If the .PDF isn't locked you can probably copy and paste the graphics that it contains into an image editor or even into the word processing software you're using. If it is locked against copy and paste then print it. Take the printed pages, scan them, and save them as .JPGs at 100% quality. Now you can take those images to insert into your own edits or feed them back into PC Stitch for importing and conversion. Not legal if the chart is copyrighted but doable.

Once you have all the .PDFs created you will need to merge them together and arrange them in the order you want them to be printed. The perfect software for that is PDFBinder. You can get the latest version from Download.com at:

https://download.cnet.com/PDFBinder/3000-18497_4-75811378.html

I've used this software when creating Kindle e-books, game documents, etc.

FunFractals

https://www.patreon.com/FunFractals

Home to over 7,640 Cross Stitch .PDFs

(Free Try Before You Buy Samples)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/60113065
Dragonlair Posted - 06/20/2021 : 20:28:17
PDF and PCStitch are totally separate. If you're referring to the instruction page, you might create the PDF and then use Foxit (not Adobe). You can edit the PDF for free online but I have not done that so I don't know how complicated or invasive it is. It does require an account. BTW - Foxit is a known, well-respected Adobe clone. The base product is free.

You can use a foxit feature of "text viewer" to convert it to text and then copy that to word or notepad or any other word processor and then print to PDF from there. However, then you have the issue of merging two different PDFs.

What you want isn't easy. It's possible but not straightforward or easy.

Good Luck,

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000