PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 10
 Import images

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hutchy Posted - 11/10/2020 : 14:35:47
I am getting VERY poor results when I try to import an image. What am I doing wrong? Are there instructions somewhere?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 11/10/2020 : 22:22:41
There are a few tips to get a good import as well as the reminder that any import is just the first step - it will take tweaking by you to get the best pattern and just what you want.

Make your image simple - especially the background. Converting complex images causes blurring and a lot of confetti stitches.

Make your image TINY! The best imports are those with a 1 to 1 ratio of pixels in the image to stitches in the final result. Decide how big your design is intended to be in stitches or physical size. If physical size, also know what size fabric you are using. For example, if you plan on an 8 x 10 pattern using 14 count aida, you want your pattern to be 8*14 x 10*14 or 112 x 140 stitches. Use graphics software to force your image to be as close as possible to 112 x 140 pixels.

Once you import the image, be prepared for lots of changes. The software sees the colors differently than you do and there is only a limited number of shades of any color. I once had a black/white image use purples and yellows because there weren't enough grays.

Just keep fussing with it! There's no rules. You'll know when it's right and only you can say when that point is. Even if you see sharp edges to the image (such as an outlined cartoon), it won't look that way after import. Just use the colors you have (or change them) here and there to smooth things out until you get what you want.

The key -- take your time and have fun!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000