PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 11
 Changed text size

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Stitcherhood Posted - 11/17/2022 : 10:42:04
Unable to change the size of text/font. I click "tools", then "text". A window pops up with fonts to select. I can do this by clicking on a text sample, but no way to change the size? At the top it says the name of the font you select and the size (chooses variable automatically) - but no way to select/change the size? Seems to have disappeared overnight! :( Help appreciated!

Can't change font/text size. I click on "tools", then "text", and a window with text choices come up. At the top it say text name and size (variable), but no way to change the text size?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FunFractals Posted - 11/19/2022 : 04:28:18
quote:
Originally posted by The Stitcherhood

Unable to change the size of text/font. I click "tools", then "text". A window pops up with fonts to select. I can do this by clicking on a text sample, but no way to change the size? At the top it says the name of the font you select and the size (chooses variable automatically) - but no way to select/change the size? Seems to have disappeared overnight! :( Help appreciated!

Can't change font/text size. I click on "tools", then "text", and a window with text choices come up. At the top it say text name and size (variable), but no way to change the text size?

I found loads of tutorials on YouTube for how to use PC Stitch. I saw below that what you needed most was a visual aid to understand what Diane was trying to tell you. Text forums aren't always the best way to instruct people. Maybe this will help?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=PCStitch+11+tutorials

Stay awesome,

FunFractals

https://www.patreon.com/FunFractals

Home to over 7,640 Cross Stitch .PDFs

(Free Try Before You Buy Samples)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/60113065
Dragonlair Posted - 11/18/2022 : 15:22:48
Amazon finally got Amazon Photos working again!

Here is a link to the image I created showing the text sizing info - https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/lTXCWuFtSmC7eOM9zbQeWQ.58WygU5mzvE8bRh41N1Ll-

From your image - you do have the same information. Just to the right of "Pattern Objects" and above the samples of the various fonts.

I still recommend you go through the tutorials and the helps and remember that there is a PDF manual that is included in the install.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Dragonlair Posted - 11/17/2022 : 17:50:41
I'm trying to show you what you need - it's not in the text area to the right (palette) that shows samples of each font. It's above that, just to the right of where the "text" option was on the menu bar.

Unfortunately, Amazon Photos is on the fritz right now and won't upload my photo. As soon as I can get that to work, I can give you a LINK to the photo.

I don't know any other way but external sites to show images here. This software is very old.

Diane
The Stitcherhood Posted - 11/17/2022 : 15:19:14
I see nothing above the box, sorry! Wish I could send a screenshot. I've been using this program for years and suddenly one day I couldn't change the size anymore! I appreciate the help, but I'm still stuck. Nothing above the box.

Dragonlair Posted - 11/17/2022 : 15:16:22
Look ABOVE that little box! Just below the tabs at the very top of the window. To the right is what you need.

Diane
The Stitcherhood Posted - 11/17/2022 : 15:10:21
I can change fonts but the size always says variable. Nothing above it.

I'm new to the forum, I have a screen shot of it. How do I share a screenshot so you can see what I mean? Adding an image requires an address.

Dragonlair Posted - 11/17/2022 : 12:42:18
When you use the area to which you mention - Tools > Text, select a font and then look up at the top to the right of the options.

If the font you selected says "Variable", the area above it has a place where you can select the size, bold/italics/centering of the name selected.

You also have the choice of fonts between True-Type and Stitched.

Diane

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000