PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 11
 Importing a non-photo file

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SKeslensky Posted - 08/27/2021 : 20:51:48
Hello,
This is my first venture into using PC Stitch and I wanted to import the patterns I previously created using Microsoft Excel. I can't find that as an option, so I thought best to ask the forum.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 05/16/2022 : 15:26:27
Looking back, the problem may have been fixed - by either PCStitch or Microsoft. It looks like the problem existed for PCStitch 9 and 10 but I've not seen the complaint since 11 came out. Maybe that's because those who had the problem had used the "fix" of using another PDF creator.

When Microsoft's PDF Printer was selected as the printer, it would lock up ALL printing and, I think, the product had to be reinstalled to take that off the default printer to get things back running. Otherwise, selecting printing did nothing. That's what the reports were. I can't say. I've never used that printer.

I used to use PrimoPDF but got mad when I tried to install it on a Win 8.1 laptop and it kept trying to add MORE garbage programs as I was trying to remove them! I removed it anywhere I had it. By that time most PDF clones had their own printers. I've been very happy with the one that comes with Foxit. I prefer NOT to use Adobe because it has more overhead than does Foxit.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
FunFractals Posted - 05/16/2022 : 13:49:34
quote:
Originally posted by Dragonlair

DON'T use Microsoft's PDF Printer. Use a third party PDF printer such as Foxit. Microsoft's PDF printer has known issues with this product!

Diane

What are the problems it creates? I haven't had any problem using it.

FunFractals

https://www.patreon.com/FunFractals

Home to over 7,640 Cross Stitch .PDFs

(Free Try Before You Buy Samples)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/60113065
Dragonlair Posted - 05/16/2022 : 07:47:52
DON'T use Microsoft's PDF Printer. Use a third party PDF printer such as Foxit. Microsoft's PDF printer has known issues with this product!

Diane
FunFractals Posted - 05/16/2022 : 04:25:32
I know this is an old question but what about printing the excel-based pattern? Then scan that using a flatbed scanner, save it as a .JPG with 100% quality. Now you can import that into PC Stitch to convert it to a .PAT file. Once saved as a .PAT file you can export to .PDF using Microsoft's .PDF printer.

FunFractals

https://www.etsy.com/shop/FunFractals
Dragonlair Posted - 08/27/2021 : 22:16:02
There is no way to import such patterns. They must be manually entered to become PCStitch patterns. Only images can be truly "imported".

Diane

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000